DRY COMPARTMENTS

A couple weeks ago I sealed around the lids on my 2019 X21. The front compartments stayed pretty much dry. The back 2 behind the seats. The one on the port side would get damp but the one on the starboard side you could swim in it. Well yesterday we got caught in a pretty good rain today I washed the boat both compartments were dry.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Member
    That’s great. I have one on the way. Do you mind sharing how you sealed it?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    That’s great. I have one on the way. Do you mind sharing how you sealed it?
    Heck yeah a fellow from Moody,Al. I will share. Mine has the lip around the compartments but the lip seems to be spot welded to the boat and no sealer. Just run a bead of silacon around the lid. By the way I used to have to come to Moody every week for about 20 years.
    LIFE IS GOOD

4. Member
    Thanks. I’m supposed to pickup an x19 from woods surf side in Cropwell next week. If you were in Moody that often I suppose you were wearing out Coosa spots back then.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    Thanks. I’m supposed to pickup an x19 from woods surf side in Cropwell next week. If you were in Moody that often I suppose you were wearing out Coosa spots back then.
    No it was just work. IN moody by 7-8-am gone by 3pm. Did not even have the Bass Pro Shop then. You will love the x19 that's what I had until few months ago.
    LIFE IS GOOD

6. Member
    On my 2019 X19, I noticed that if I have a decent amount of water collected around the transom, coming off plane will cause that water to make its way back up the drainage system and soak anything around the low-point drains (center rod box and front cooler). I purchased some 7/8" baitwell plugs to solve that problem.