Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I use a Dobyns Champion Extreme dx703c with 25 lb test Fins 40g braid stuff is unbelievable its the same diameter as 4 lb test and it is like silk through the guides

2. Member
    When I first started using shakey heads, I bought the flat eye type. I fish rocky lakes and broke a few off on hook set and broke some easily when I hung up. Started pouring my own with a 90 deg. eye and never had another issue.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Definitely a knot or hook problem I use a lot of 6/8 lb leader without problems. The absolute easiest knot I have faith in for flourocarbon is the Uni.

Absolutely !!! The Uni knot is quick to tie and I never have problems with it. I use fluorocarbon as the main line on almost all of my rods. Spinning and casting, and use it in sizes from 6# up to 20#

As others have said, you have a hook problem or you're tying bad knots.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Doc View Post
    When I first started using shakey heads, I bought the flat eye type. I fish rocky lakes and broke a few off on hook set and broke some easily when I hung up. Started pouring my own with a 90 deg. eye and never had another issue.
    Those 90* heads have a way different fall than the flat eyes if they are rigged right also, way more hits on the fall.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I agree with what you wrote, but there’s one part there that doesn’t fit most shakeyheads out there. Just like tube jigs, almost all of them have heavier wire hooks.
    '

The ones from ome fishing will hook a fish if they fart on it, seem like pretty light wire to me.

http://www.omfishingsinkers.com/Tung...s_p-80536.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12