Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disappointed in fit in finish of new Megabass Destroyer Addermine.

Stepped out and ordered my first Megabass. Got a Destroyer Addermine. The cork looks like it was fit by a 6th grader. I'm pretty disappointed. Am I being too picky? Is this normal?...

Attached Images Attached Images
    13 year old Tracker

2. Member
    Ah man that's terrible. I'd send it back for an exchange. I've never seen something like that before on a MB rod.

We sell a lot of Megabass rods. If I saw one come in from the warehouse looking like that, I'd send it back before I sent it to a customer. I'd contact your dealer first.

4. Member
    Absolutely not acceptable, you're not being picky at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripken_240 View Post
    Ah man that's terrible. I'd send it back for an exchange. I've never seen something like that before on a MB rod.
    I'm going to contact the people I ordered it through and see what they can do. When deciding to pull the trigger everyone said to expect better fit/finish than my NRXs, but a little less sensitivity. I have never had a NRX that had cork that looked like that.
    13 year old Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    We sell a lot of Megabass rods. If I saw one come in from the warehouse looking like that, I'd send it back before I sent it to a customer. I'd contact your dealer first.
    Thanks man. I just sent them the pictures, and they're on it. They seemed pretty shocked.
    13 year old Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
    Thanks man. I just sent them the pictures, and they're on it. They seemed pretty shocked.
    They sent it out looking like that Either way, I'm glad they're on it. I hope you get it resolved, that's unacceptable on numerous levels in my opinion.

8. Member
    They sent it out looking like that
    To be fair, so did megabass...

They sent it out looking like that Either way, I'm glad they're on it. I hope you get it resolved, that's unacceptable on numerous levels in my opinion.
    Glad you got a laugh out of it. The cork was under plastic wrap and looked decent until it was removed. They have always taken good care of me, plus I am mainly a Shimano and G Loomis guy, so...
    13 year old Tracker

10. Member
    Should have bought it from the TackleTrap.

Glad you got a laugh out of it. The cork was under plastic wrap and looked decent until it was removed. They have always taken good care of me, plus I am mainly a Shimano and G Loomis guy, so...
    Understood and more than anything, that shouldn't have been your first experience regardless where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    To be fair, so did megabass...
    Absolutely, that's why I wrote that it's unacceptable on many levels. It shouldn't have left Megabass looking like that either.

That should not have happened. Please accept our sincerest apologies. Send me your contact info via PM and we will get a replacement out ASAP. Again our apologies.

13. Member
    Sorry about the bad luck but I’ve never seen a Megabass rod with a cork issue like that. It will get resolved for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    That should not have happened. Please accept our sincerest apologies. Send me your contact info via PM and we will get a replacement out ASAP. Again our apologies.
    PM incoming. Thanks Mark.
    13 year old Tracker

My dealer, Mark Perry, and others from Megabass have been incredibly responsive and apologetic. They are already working on getting the replacement sent my way. I understand stuff happens and they way it is being handled by all parties involved is great and confidence inspiring.
    13 year old Tracker

My dealer, Mark Perry, and others from Megabass have been incredibly responsive and apologetic. They are already working on getting the replacement sent my way. I understand stuff happens and they way it is being handled by all parties involved is great and confidence inspiring.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. It's rare we have an issue like this but we do our best to correct them and learn from them. Megabass truly appreciates their customers and the oppurtunity to provide enjoyment in chasing after our passions on the water.

17. Member
    If megabass takes care of there customers like it appears to be, I'll definitely have to check out this line of rods. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a MB 7' levante with a sustain 3000 hg. Glad OP is getting taken care of!! That cork looked pretty rough.

That is the first time I have seen a Megabass rod like that, but they will get you taken care of...

19. Member
    Absolutely not right. I’ve owned and sold and ordered a bunch of Megabass rods over the years and never seen anything like that. Not even on rods I’ve bought used from Japan. I’m not surprised they took care of it no questions asked. Megabass is all about their QUALITY being above and beyond all other tackle brands. The Destroyers are excellent rods but if you have NRX rods than you would like the Evoluzion line of rods probably better. My F2.5 611ti-s spin elsiel is so DOPE I can’t wait to get another. Nicer than my 822 dsr NRX

20. Member
    Somebody must have missed inspecting that rod. Seems like an awful lot of filler in that cork for a $400 rod?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast