Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    [QUOTEDragonfly 5” and 7” have 800 x 480 WVGA resolution, 3 or 4 years ago!

now this low resolution is put on 7” and 9” ELEMENT. Wow, .........what an improvement!

Garmin also put so a low resolution screen on Echomap Plus 9xSV, but it’s sold cheap for $599, also with a touch screen, and I bited.
    [/QUOTE]

You know its not so much the resolution but how the image looks on the screen. Your talking a 7 and 9 inch unit.

The test is are you getting good images from the unit. Do you have issues with the results your getting from your Element series unit???

Kinda like comparing that a GTR only has a v6 and they came out with them 1905, and still used in the 80's in the buick yet Nissan is still using a v6!!!

Raymarine is going to use the best screen at the best price to consumers, No point in running a 4K screen on a 7/9 inch unit if the over all image isnt better.
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 06-29-2019 at 12:06 AM.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    [QUOTE]You should appreciate people like me to help stir things up here, as I said last time in one of your threads. ELEMENT hasn’t stirred much interest of people yet, at least based on my observation on this forum.

Anyway, I do it for fun. I’m not paid by anyone while spending some time here.
    /QUOTE]

I really dont, as you can see Raymarine isnt that big of a player on fresh water fishing, only been in the market a few years. Most of the Elements are on pleasure crafts and Kayaks. Not till the latest update did they even connect to another unit to share way points, not something that is desirable for bass boats. Now that they can share way points its going to open up a whole new community of users.

As for you or people like you being here, if the only thing you can add is negative comments then NO you are not welcomed here on the Raymarine forum!!!!

Oh Yes I can see your deleted comments "basstracker175"

3. Member
    Wow, you guys can see our deleted comments??? !!! Really? Like google and NSA? Archive everything users typed or said?

Then I won’t delete anything anymore!

4. Member
    If this were raymarine’s official forum, I would shut up or stay out! Actually I was surprised to see that one was strictly moderated by its paid staff there so I never go there! Hate to see that kind of stuff!

My comments could be negative in your mind, but they are helpful for other regular people who are also on the forum. BTW, I only comment on stuff, not people!

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    [QUOTEDragonfly 5” and 7” have 800 x 480 WVGA resolution, 3 or 4 years ago!

now this low resolution is put on 7” and 9” ELEMENT. Wow, .........what an improvement!

Garmin also put so a low resolution screen on Echomap Plus 9xSV, but it’s sold cheap for $599, also with a touch screen, and I bited.

You know its not so much the resolution but how the image looks on the screen. Your talking a 7 and 9 inch unit.

The test is are you getting good images from the unit. Do you have issues with the results your getting from your Element series unit???

Kinda like comparing that a GTR only has a v6 and they came out with them 1905, and still used in the 80's in the buick yet Nissan is still using a v6!!!

Raymarine is going to use the best screen at the best price to consumers, No point in running a 4K screen on a 7/9 inch unit if the over all image isnt better.[/QUOTE]

5. Member
    My comments could be negative in your mind, but they are helpful for other regular people who are also on the forum. BTW, I only comment on stuff, not people!
    Wrong.

You're trolling, plain and simple. The least you could do is put your name in your profile and own-up the stuff you say, instead of being cowardly about it. I get the feeling you're maybe 14yrs old?

I try to respond to your posts that aren't just trolling, but you keep doing it over again. How you're still allowed on this forum is beyond me.

a person who posts inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments online for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.

6. Member
    Impossible to find bluegill beds with such poor resolution???
    Raymarine continues to be the best kept secret in freshwater fishing.

8D4E0AF5-B709-42C5-8CA2-35044E6B8601.jpeg FBEB45A3-E6AC-4B35-A9E3-0D864897EE5A.jpeg

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    He rather run the cheap echo map that isn’t waterproof!!

8. Member
    What part I said about screen resolution is “false claims” please?

I know you are definitely paid by raymarine for you to speak up for it here! I am not! I’m a raymarine customer!!! No law or regulations forbid customers to express themselves.

I also don’t want to let this become a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    I’ll also add that echoMap didn’t have
    * 1500 nit screen
    * IPS scree
    * HyperVision 1.2 mHz
    * 6 channel all in one transducer

I’m pretty sure that our forefathers established that apples are not oranges and oranges are not bananas. Why guys continue to come on here and make comparisons like that is beyond me. Trust me, I eat sleep and breathe marine electronics. It’s what I do for a living and it’s what I do for over 40 hours every week.

As I’ve said many times before on BBC I’m not looking to start any trouble but I refuse to sit by idle while guys make false claims and want to start yapping or tearing down Raymarine with stuff that isn’t true.

9. Member
    Not false, but comparing Element to echomap is a joke for the reasons I listed below and more.

No one cares about the numbers you listed. Feel free to post echoMap comparison images showing it equal to Element.

TroyBoy was famous on here for yapping about Q coefficients. Bottom line is that images and performance trump numbers and opinions every day.

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    What part I said about screen resolution is “false claims” please?

I know you are definitely paid by raymarine for you to speak up for it here! I am not! I’m a raymarine customer!!! No law or regulations forbid customers to express themselves.

I also don’t want to let this become a personal thing.

10. Member
    I removed non-raymarine stuff, fair enough? Good now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Not false, but comparing Element to echomap is a joke for the reasons I listed below and more.

No one cares about the numbers you listed. Feel free to post echoMap comparison images showing it equal to Element.

TroyBoy was famous on here for yapping about Q coefficients. Bottom line is that images and performance trump numbers and opinions every day.

11. Member
    You can post anything you want. Just keep the comparisons close to apples to apples and stay with facts, not opinions.

There’s no point heading to a BMW site yapping that you can buy a Honda Civic, also with 4 tires, for a fraction of the price.

It’s when guys make blanket or false statements that I get irritated.

You clearly made image resolution comparison with Element and echoMap. I’m still waiting for your echoMap 1.2mHz and side images. I mean the units are practically the same, right???

The Q factor of the transducer drastically affects the images produced. It’s a crucial part of the chirp system. That’s my most of the top end units now come with them or are compatible with offerings from airmar.

BassTracker175......as per my PM, please do NOT post any further in this forum. You're just hiding behind your keyboard and bashing Raymarine and not adding anything constructive so please stop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12