Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Hmmm. I'm still running my 1.0 blades and pumps and bilge dry as a bone.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Everyone talks about not liking hydraulics, my question is why? It's a much more simple and reliable way of doing things. With the 2.0 version of poles with real hydraulic hoses there are no leaks, no hose blowouts. It's a install and forget about it , sure you have to change fluid every other year but it's literally a 30 to 40 min process. Read syncros post, he was a diehard talon guy, and is moving to poles. His reasons are spot on. Especially the one about not having to drive and leave your talons or rig at a certified ASC repair facility everytime any little thing goes wrong. I'm not nocking talons im pointing out the benefits of poles. If your only concern with poles is hydraulics it need not be. You dont see commercially used equipment using cables , pulleys and liner actuators do you.
    Spot on, hydraulics are 10 times better than a cable and winch, and I am not trying to knock Talon, they will get the job done just fine.

3. Member
    I suggest going with someone who has new poles and talons and see what ones you like best. I will say Talons are much heavier

4. Member
    So I looked at the specs of your rig. 18' 5", 92" beam.
    My champ is 18' 7", 89" beam.
    Now, I do have lithium trolling batteries, but you can see it doesn't sit drastically lower in the back. Holeshot was definitely affected, but I still have some adjustments to make which should help and a new prop will go a long ways, but I'm still running the same prop as it had at sea level (I'm at 5000'+ in Colorado).
    And these are 12'. In fact, a friend had 15' talons on his 361V. Looked funny, but it worked for him.

2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12