PowerPole Angled vs. Straight

Installed the PowerPoles on my boat today and am wondering what people's experience has been with mounting them where they point straight out the back of the boat vs. at an angle where they point somewhat to the side of the boat. It seems if the are at an angle they might have a better grip but I am just hypothesizing. What have been your experiences?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    please please do not Tee pee your poles... my ocd cant take driving behind a guy with them crooked..lol.... personally IMO I believe it to be a fallacy that this provides a better hold. Some Pro started this nd people jumped on the bandwagon. Imo if it does provide a "very slight" better hold its not worth the look of you were drunk when you mounted your poles.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    please please do not Tee pee your poles... my ocd cant take driving behind a guy with them crooked..lol.... personally IMO I believe it to be a fallacy that this provides a better hold. Some Pro started this nd people jumped on the bandwagon. Imo if it does provide a "very slight" better hold its not worth the look of you were drunk when you mounted your poles.
    If they were angled symmetrical I don’t think they would look I was drunk.

Personally, I don’t like the look of any of the anchors so the appearance is a nonissue to me. more interested in function.

He is talking about this /\ instead of this || when looking at the rear of the boat. I believe your talking about the angle they retract too. Personally I don't think it matters.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I'm sure that || is better on the bushings when trailering and flying across waves than /\ or \ / by as much as the better hold of /\ may give. Also you will have a couple more inches of usable depth when straight.

I have considered /\ as it should stop them both from buckling the same way when on a bad bottom but I don't think I can get enough angle to actually work this way. So it would be irrelevant
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Please. II.