Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I stepped up in size, power, quality and value. I bought a used 2003 TZX-190 in 2014 and fishing out of it for 5 years. Then I traded it in plus cash that I saved toward my 2012 721 this past fall/winter. Basically paid cash for that one with a small amount financed for updates on electronics and TM. I Plan on paying it off within 2 years and then in 4 or 5 years if I decide to buy new I will have a nice chunk from selling my 721 and what I will saved by then to pay cash or nearly pay cash for a new one. For me I couldn't justify a large amount of debt for a toy. Don't be afraid of a well taken care of used boat either. Get good insurance that has a mechanical failure rider to give you a little piece of mind if the boat you buy is just out of warranty. See Bob Luellen at World Wide Marine for that. They are one of the BBC sponsors and there are a bunch of threads on the subject.

P.S. Jeff at Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater Mi was very fair with me on my trade. Good people there.
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 06-10-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Quote Originally Posted by EufaulaHammer View Post
    Appreciate that Jeff but Ive got to save for a ring first before buying a new boat lol!
    I hear that! I need to find me a woman! Lol

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaPhoenix View Post
    What in the world do yall do for a living to be able to go spend 70 or 80 thousand on a boat? Not jealous or bashing anyone for doing it because I'm happy for the ones that can but for that price that's a lot of money and then you see some with a new truck that cost as much as the boat or maybe more.
    I don't have any big fancy job at all but me and my wife both work, my truck is paid off and we have her car note, but I only put 10% down and I was able to finance for 20 years so payments are not as bad. A lot of people think I am stupid for financing for 20 years, but hey that's the only way I can afford it and the wife doesn't complain too much. Plus if you don't get the boat fully loaded it won't be near 80 thousand, I knew I would be keeping the boat for a very long time maybe even the last boat purchase I make so I went fully loaded.
    2019 721 ProXP 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Customsilverado View Post
    I don't have any big fancy job at all but me and my wife both work, my truck is paid off and we have her car note, but I only put 10% down and I was able to finance for 20 years so payments are not as bad. A lot of people think I am stupid for financing for 20 years, but hey that's the only way I can afford it and the wife doesn't complain too much. Plus if you don't get the boat fully loaded it won't be near 80 thousand, I knew I would be keeping the boat for a very long time maybe even the last boat purchase I make so I went fully loaded.
    I know how you feel. If I ever did get a new boat or almost new I would have to finance it for a long time also but the way I see it is if you finance for a long time with low payments you can always pay extra. I'm one that will keep a boat for a long time also rather than getting a new one every year or two like some do.

5. Member
    I know how you feel. If I ever did get a new boat or almost new I would have to finance it for a long time also but the way I see it is if you finance for a long time with low payments you can always pay extra. I'm one that will keep a boat for a long time also rather than getting a new one every year or two like some do.
    Exactly

6. Member
    Exactly
    If you don't mind me asking did you finance your boat through a bank/credit union or through your dealer? Just wondering because I went to my credit union a while back and spoke with them about getting a loan for a new motor for my boat since I blew mine up and they told me that for things such as tractors,boats and recreational vehicles they would not finance for any longer than 5 years.

7. Member
    If you don't mind me asking did you finance your boat through a bank/credit union or through your dealer? Just wondering because I went to my credit union a while back and spoke with them about getting a loan for a new motor for my boat since I blew mine up and they told me that for things such as tractors,boats and recreational vehicles they would not finance for any longer than 5 years.
    I financed through my dealer but all they did was put the loan out there for a bank to pick it up, the loan is actually finances through us bank.
    I was told anything over 70 thousand you can do 20 years, if it is less than 70 the max is 15 years.

8. Banned
    If you are trying to finance a motor, the manufacturers offer that.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    If you are trying to finance a motor, the manufacturers offer that.
    I asked my dealer if mercury did any sort of financing and they told me that they didn't because I am currently on the mile long waiting list for a 250 pro xs 4 stroke.

10. Banned
    I asked my dealer if mercury did any sort of financing and they told me that they didn't because I am currently on the mile long waiting list for a 250 pro xs 4 stroke.
    https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/repower-financing

11. Member
    Thanks for the link. I will have to do some checking up on it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EufaulaHammer View Post
    Ive got to save for a ring first before buying a new boat lol!
    Better get the boat first buddy....
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

13. Banned
    Has anyone here dealt with Freedom marine center in Guntersville, AL? I reached out to them about a possible trade on my boat.

14. Member
    Has anyone here dealt with Freedom marine center in Guntersville, AL? I reached out to them about a possible trade on my boat.
    If you buy from them let me know how it goes please. Im about to buy a 721 or 920 and most likely driving up to wiedas in Kentucky. Also looking at wedowee marine

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smithlakebass View Post
    If you buy from them let me know how it goes please. Im about to buy a 721 or 920 and most likely driving up to wiedas in Kentucky. Also looking at wedowee marine
    Freedoms pricing on their website appears about 2k cheaper per boat compared to what I see around here, not sure if that's a no haggle price or not.

16. Member
    Freedoms pricing on their website appears about 2k cheaper per boat compared to what I see around here, not sure if that's a no haggle price or not.
    Yea just checked. Looks like you can get what you looking for there

17. Member
    I guess I overpaid
    I also got an aluminum trailer with upgrades on it and all the extended warranties, that stuff was adding up quick. I have a break down of the prices of everything and it all adds up so its not like they hid anything from me. It's too late now
    Yes you did sir. But it’s ok if you love your boat !

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Yes you did sir. But it’s ok if you love your boat !
    Theres no doubt I love it

19. Member
    I just looked at freedom marines pricing they are high as hell, they had a leftover new 2018 920 for $66k I’ve seen another dealer have the same new leftover and he was$56k
    Quote Originally Posted by smithlakebass View Post
    Yea just checked. Looks like you can get what you looking for there

You guys need to check out P23 Watersports in Chattanooga and talk to Connor Boyton as he will beat most Phoenix dealers on price to earn you business.
    2022 Phoenix 921 Elite Mercury 250 proxs 4s
    Denali Rods pro staff
    Pure Fishing pro staff
    Buckeye Lures pro staff
    Phoenix Boats pro staff
    JL Marine Power Pole pro staff
    Mercury Marine Pro Team
    Tommy's Marine pro staff
    Sportsman's Warehouse pro staff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast