Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Lake St Clair places to stay

Hey guys, I will he coming up from North Carolina during July 4th from the Sunday before until the Saturday after the 4th for my annual trip. We always staying in the Concorde inn but I just called and was informed they weren't taking reservations after June 28th this year due to new ownership and renovations. Would someone suggest somewhere to stay in that area that is 100 or less per night to stay that is clean and safe and where we can charge our boat batteries easily?
    Thanks
    Kevin

2. Member
    There is a sticky up above with a number of places..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    There is a sticky up above with a number of places..
    Thank you, I completely missed that

4. Member
    That sticky post looks a bit out of date... one place I'm aware of is this: http://www.anglerspoint.com/loft-rentals/ It's a bit more than your $100/night but holds more people. It's right at the end of M-59/Hall Rd. by the Selfridge public launch. There are two or three almost brand new hotels near I-94 and M-59 (right by the Walmart, across I-94 from Cabela's), I think a Hampton, Fairfield and Holiday Inn Express. There are a bunch off I-94 in Roseville - some people say they're fine, but there have been thefts and a murder at some of those. Not sure about pricing/availability... good luck!
    2004 Ranger 619VS

5. Member
    The Fairfield right behind Walmart is nice. Plenty of parking. Not sure about electrical outlets. Plus it's a bit further out and out of the rougher area. Additionally, the road to 9mile launch was nearly under water from what I've been told. Best ramps are north.

Water high today but could launch.
    Local saying water expected two go much higher like early June
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mibassranger View Post
    That sticky post looks a bit out of date... one place I'm aware of is this: http://www.anglerspoint.com/loft-rentals/ It's a bit more than your $100/night but holds more people. It's right at the end of M-59/Hall Rd. by the Selfridge public launch. There are two or three almost brand new hotels near I-94 and M-59 (right by the Walmart, across I-94 from Cabela's), I think a Hampton, Fairfield and Holiday Inn Express. There are a bunch off I-94 in Roseville - some people say they're fine, but there have been thefts and a murder at some of those. Not sure about pricing/availability... good luck!
    Anglers point is mentioned up there about 3 times with links.. If anyone has any other places to add they should feel free to post them on the sticky with numbers and links...It would probably help alot of travelers out...
    If I hit the lotto I'm going to open a Fisherman's resort some place on Jefferson..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 05-14-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Roseville. It's convienent if you're fishing the Mile roads or Metro Park areas. The DNR ramp is super easy to access. I think the price is around $119-129 depending on the day of the week. It's not too bad if you can split it with your partner. The parking was marginal when there was 8 boats there but we all fit.
    Take your kid Fishing!
    http://mcbassin.webs.com/

9. Member
    Any updates on the smallmouth fishing on Lake St. Clair? Thinking about coming up on Wednesday with my two sons and fishing for 3 days or so.
    Thanks in advance!

10. Member
    Water has cleaned up nicely and we finally have some warm temps coming. Today is crazy winds with storms moving in. As long as the wind plays nice it should be pretty solid fishing.

11. Banned
    Thanks for the information guys. I found a house to rent through air bnb and it looks exceptionally nice and cheaper than any nice hotel I've ever stayed at. Hoping it pans out. Everyone I've talked to that's used air bnb before spoke highly of it. I can't wait to get up there during the 4th. Always my most favorite trip of the year. The fishing up there is just far superb to ours down here.

Anybody ever stay here?

The Concorde Inn on Gratiot

44315 N Gratiot Ave, Clinton Township, Michigan 48036

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angler103 View Post
    Anybody ever stay here?

I just stayed there last week. A lot of guys stay there because they have electric hook-up and a place to park your boat. It is a bit outdated but very clean and quiet. Also in a relatively safe area only five minutes from the Selfridge ramps. I heard but have not confirmed that they are not accepting reservations after July 1 because new ownership and remodeling.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Thanks - I do not care about being outdated. I will just be there to sleep. I do care about safe, quiet and boat friendly. Appreciate your help.

15. Banned
    Anybody ever stay here?

This is where we have always stayed. Very quiet, they have breakfast and it's convenient with how you can charge your boat batteries. We're not staying there this year because they aren't taking reservations past the middle of June due to new management. I was very disappointed. But if you can stay there it's great for fishermen and in a good centrally located area.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    This is where we have always stayed. Very quiet, they have breakfast and it's convenient with how you can charge your boat batteries. We're not staying there this year because they aren't taking reservations past the middle of June due to new management. I was very disappointed. But if you can stay there it's great for fishermen and in a good centrally located area.
    They let me make a reservation this morning for mid June.

17. Banned
    They let me make a reservation this morning for mid June.
    I think they said they weren't taking reservations past June 18th or something like that. They didn't give a great reason other than they were going under new ownership after that date.

FYI - a guy just had his truck and boat stole at the Roseville Holiday Inn.....

https://www.facebook.com/1111523043/...360650&sfns=mo

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    FYI - a guy just had his truck and boat stole at the Roseville Holiday Inn.....

https://www.facebook.com/1111523043/...360650&sfns=mo
    That blows. Ive stayed there before along with several others in that area. In general its always a big cluster trying to park boats unless you come off the water really early. Thats why im looking for other options farther north.

20. Portajohn
    Our family stayed at the Concorde Inn last month when we attended our grandson's wedding. We found the place to be very accommodating and well priced. The desk clerk told us the Inn had been recently purchased by a group that was going to refurbish it. Two days later that same clerk told us the Inn had been sold to a company that was going to renovate the Inn and make it a retirement home. The same weekend we stayed at the Inn, there was a bass tournament on St Clair scheduled. Several participants utilized the hotel for lodging. I was stationed in downtown Detroit in the 60's (Navy Recruiting). While my family initially lived in Livonia, after a couple of years we moved to Selfridge. At the wedding reception, I learned that most folks from Detroit carried "Pot Hole Insurance". I certainly understand why...the expressway and other roadways are in extremely bad condition for the most part. I tow a Z119C Ranger regularly in Virginia and have done so for many years without any trailer/tire damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast