Thread: SPARE PROP

SPARE PROP

I recently purchased a 2019 ZX250 and am looking for a spare prop. Any suggestions on props other than the Yamaha t-2? Best place to purchase? Thanks

2. Member
    Depends on how much you want to spend. If you just want a back up for emergencies then I would pick up a used Tempest. Otherwise a Bravo, Fury 4, Razor 4 will do the trick

3. Member
    Remember if you differ from the Yamaha prop you’ll need a different hub and parts

4. Member
    The FXP is a Yamaha prop made by Precision Props Inc (owned by Yamaha). I may be wrong, but I have heard Mark Croxton had something to do with it's design?(TXP is the vented 2 stroke version). They make it now with a Yamaha rubber hub. I bought mine from Crowley Marine, much cheaper than SHO prop. I was told to go up 1" pitch from SHO prop because it is 14 3/4 dia. as opposed to 15 1/8". I'm really impressed with mine...great hole shot, top end, very little porpoising....anyway, that's my opinion.

5. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions.

scorpion prop runs pretty good on my sho

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    The FXP is a Yamaha prop made by Precision Props Inc (owned by Yamaha). I may be wrong, but I have heard Mark Croxton had something to do with it's design?(TXP is the vented 2 stroke version). They make it now with a Yamaha rubber hub. I bought mine from Crowley Marine, much cheaper than SHO prop. I was told to go up 1" pitch from SHO prop because it is 14 3/4 dia. as opposed to 15 1/8". I'm really impressed with mine...great hole shot, top end, very little porpoising....anyway, that's my opinion.
    I have heard the opposite is true regarding the FXP prop. Meaning that the FXP prop pitch is on the steep side so most have to go down a pitch size from a T-1 or T-2 prop to turn the same rpms. I don't know this from personal experience just have read that a lot on BBC.