Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    you can power load with the latest gatorbacks.I had a long talk with them today

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Regan View Post
    you can power load with the latest gatorbacks.I had a long talk with them today
    The heck you say. What did they change?
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

3. Member
    From my understanding, you can power load, just nothing severe.
    Here is a link which also has a video of a Ranger loading on the new Gatorbak XP. Good info.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=985423

Having a BassCat, the design of the hull doesn't allow the use of the new Gatorbaks. Plus we have to hammer down to load.
    If you want carpet for your bunks, this is what Bass Cat supplies online. Its heavy duty and lasts years.
    https://www.basscatstore.com/trailer...rpetcolor.aspx
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    From my understanding, you can power load, just nothing severe.
    Here is a link which also has a video of a Ranger loading on the new Gatorbak XP. Good info.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=985423

Having a BassCat, the design of the hull doesn't allow the use of the new Gatorbaks. Plus we have to hammer down to load.
    If you want carpet for your bunks, this is what Bass Cat supplies online. Its heavy duty and lasts years.
    https://www.basscatstore.com/trailer...rpetcolor.aspx
    Thanks for sharing that. I called Gatorbak to place my order and was told the formula change makes for a harder product. The prior formula was softer and would wear down more quickly with power loading, voiding the warranty. The warranty part is no longer an issue. I don't think I ever do any really hard power loading but I will be more aware of it now. I also was cautioned about unhooking prior to backing the boat in the water and hooking up prior to pulling out. Do that anyway.

I was told I needed the 3/4 inch round over for the longer, inside bunks and the regular flat for the short outside bunks. I also asked about which wood to use and was told just bare treated lumber may not be good for the covering. Southern yellow pine painted with Rustoleum oil based paint would be better. Even better would be treated lumber allowed to dry to 17% moisture and then painted, again with the Rustoleum. I think that is what I will do. I placed my order and will go get the boards today. Not sure how long it will take to get them dry enough to paint.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    I had to redo my bunks. They were basically all rotten. I had lost one bunk and didn't even know it.
    trailer redo.jpgThe bottom right is the one I was missing. The two long boards were rotten as all get out. the other 4 were coming loose and rotten to some degree. I don't see how they were holding up the boat.
    brokenboard.jpg All that was holding it together was the carpet. A big thanks to my son for helping change them.

2015 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 Pro-XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex MSI I-pilot link
    Humminbird 9 Mega SI at Console and Bow

6. Member
    I recently covered my z-18 trailer with new pressure treated lumber and gator back covers. The boards I removed for preplacement did not have any taper. As for loading and unloading, I have not seem any difference between the carpet and the gator back product.

Rico
    2017 Z-18
    Merc 175

7. Member
    my nitro was 8 years old when bought bunks were gone but that is life for less than 200 full replacement pt 2x4 no taper carpet and ss staples easy project do the bunks at home and take to lake or spend hundreds more and have them done

I Had a call from A Nitro Owner that had all four bunks on his trailer were the round over type today. His was a 2019. I am seeing different configurations based on year and model. The best way is still to look which ones need the Gatorbak cover with the Round Edge (GBRE350) or just the regular GB350. They will all be the New XP Material. If You have any questions please contact us, we are happy to help.

9. Member
    on my 19 z18 all 4 are completely round on the top. I will take some pics today when I launch.

10. Member

11. Member
    On my 18 the original bunks are flat. I looked closely before ordering and the distance between the strakes on the part of the boat that rests on the inside, long bunk is pretty short so that area is more rounded. On the shorter bunks the distance is wider so that area is more flat than curved, just eyeballing. I think I will be fine with the Gatorbaks being the curved type on the inside and flat on the outside.
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12