Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    1x kb (belly) and the rest kt.

I like to keep my kb and kt the same size. I'd also order 2 extra kt.

On heavier rods, I'll go with 2 kb's, but that's not until i go with a MH blank.

2. Member
    The Alps guides are Y guides. They'd be fine for an NGC guide train, but and don't quote me on this, but they aren't going to work in a KR concept guide train. Their heights aren't right. The KR gets away with smaller ring sizes because of the height of the guides. The American Tackle guides may work, but I can't be sure. I see they have an H designation so maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Personally I'd say that if you are going to go with a KR concept guide train, why wouldn't you use the guides designed for it, made by the people that came up with the concept?

3. Member
    If you buy the K Series High Frame Kit in Alconite it will cover everything you need.
    Be careful with the 4.5’s because if you use a leader knot it could catch the last couple of guides..
    5’s are the smallest I use..no problems

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aquademon17 View Post
    If you buy the K Series High Frame Kit in Alconite it will cover everything you need.
    Be careful with the 4.5’s because if you use a leader knot it could catch the last couple of guides..
    5’s are the smallest I use..no problems
    I bought the Fuji, went with KL-H 20, KL-H 10, KL-H 5.5m, KT 5, and (6) KT 4.5's.... wrapped em up and love them! FG knot slides through perfectly
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12