mikesxpress

River is getting hammered again this week.

College kids everywhere yesterday. Running on plane thru the no wake zone at Hope Springs and fishing inside the off limit area in Chicamuxen were some of the highlights. This place needs a break....

https://www.flwfishing.com/news/2019...patterns-day-1

2. Member
    I agree, the river needs a break but what can ya do.

3. Member
    Had my school teacher daughter out yesterday and they were like flies all over in the Mattawoman. We went up to the pad field above the navy pier and it was literally a get in line to fish the pad edges. Went to Marsh Island and the same thing. Fun watching them crank up in 12" of water to leave and throw showers of mud every where. And we could not see any of them catching anything as we were experiencing the same thing. Not a fun day for us. Many ripping through the no wake areas at full speed.

4. Member
    We all know the no wake zone in aquia but last time i was out there were no signs on the poles. Newcombers might not know that it is.

5. mikesxpress
    Yep. Inbound signs on the two poles have been missing since end of April but they are in place coming out at the bridge. Not enforceable inbound without the signs. They did add a no wake bouy east of the marina near the poles and a port side low profile lit green bouy in front of Aquia Landing adjacent to the exist day sign and obstruction markers. This bouy has been MIA since 2005 but has always been on the chart.

6. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVabass View Post
    I agree, the river needs a break but what can ya do.
    Swapped out all the brim gear for my HD saltwater stuff. Bigger and more fish and no company. I'll circle back for half days in July/August when it's hot as blazes and the tournament schedule drops off.

7. mikesxpress
    No wake signs are back up inbound on Aquia Creek.

8. Member
    Thanks for the update, Mike.

9. Member
    Same experience with college and high school angler events on the St Johns River this Spring. Running wild and pulling in right on top of you, almost to the point of rub rail contact - I think they are simply emulating what they watch on TV, and believe that is acceptable conduct....

10. mikesxpress
    John that's it exactly. Many of the folks fishing tournaments anymore have been watching the sticker boat salesman on TV and think it's ok to emulate them. It's not ok! Most don't realize that except for just a very few that have capitalized on the marketing end and made money, the majority are sleeping in the back of there truck, eating peanut butter sandwiches, washing clothes at the laundromat, and counting change to get fuel.

Every time I see a crowd of these folks all ganged up together beating an area to a froth it reminds me of the Monty Python urinal sketch. If you see me laughing and leave you know why.....
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 06-20-2019 at 05:53 AM.