Thread: Mercury Pro ET

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    I was running a 31 on mine. If your running 1.62 gears you would need a 29 i would think.
    I do have 1.62’s. My old style Bravo 1 28p (four 1” holes) is a really good all around prop and does really good on top end. Not sure if has been worked on, but I think it really has. I’m getting a few more mph than what I think I should with it. I can run 92 all the time loaded, but I hit 94 on the river once and had current and wind heading in the same direction, plus conditions were perfect. I just wanted to make go a little faster, without too much sacrifice.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I do have 1.62’s. My old style Bravo 1 28p (four 1” holes) is a really good all around prop and does really good on top end. Not sure if has been worked on, but I think it really has. I’m getting a few more mph than what I think I should with it. I can run 92 all the time loaded, but I hit 94 on the river once and had current and wind heading in the same direction, plus conditions were perfect. I just wanted to make go a little faster, without too much sacrifice.
    If your getting those speeds its def worked. I got my bravo worked a bunch of times and still couldn't touch my hydromotive.

Might of just got lucky and the guy that worked the prop hit it bang on. Your getting faster then i was with a bravo on my 20XD/300xs

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    If your getting those speeds its def worked. I got my bravo worked a bunch of times and still couldn't touch my hydromotive.

Might of just got lucky and the guy that worked the prop hit it bang on. Your getting faster then i was with a bravo on my 20XD/300xs
    At that rate I’ll probably just run it then. I’m in the 90’s with a 21xd, so I should thank my lucky stars. Maybe sometime when I get the chance to experiment with some different props, I’ll decide on my extra one. I’ve got a buddy that has a couple props that when we can are gonna test them out.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    hey fatshaft...a guy on scream and fly has 2..both 28 pitch...one pro finish..one lab finish

5. Member
    Might try a Signature Eagle, just like an ET or Pro ET, I have a few, great props

6. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    I have a 30p Pro ET I just picked up. Haven’t had a chance to run it. Am currently running a 29p Bravo 1 xs. Running 2 guys, 20 gallons of fuel and fishing load ran 90 at 6,100rpm. 21xdc/2018 300xs SM 1.75. Won’t be able to run the Pro ET for a couple weeks.
    Last edited by jayfaro; 06-12-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Quote Originally Posted by ohmike View Post
    hey fatshaft...a guy on scream and fly has 2..both 28 pitch...one pro finish..one lab finish
    I seen that. I have a 26 pro et and a 27 promax I'm playing with right now.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Might try a Signature Eagle, just like an ET or Pro ET, I have a few, great props
    Out of the box the signature don't compare to a Pro ET, They need work. On my rig the signature was one of the slowest props i tried.

9. Member
    im interested in how those work out..i have a 20xd/225x I just missed picking up that performer4 you sold..that might of run great on my set up...I run pretty heavy

10. Banned
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but look into a performer 4 sc and bblades blaster both are et copies. I've heard really good things about the sc.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but look into a performer 4 sc and bblades blaster both are et copies. I've heard really good things about the sc.
    I ran a sc performer 4 on my 20 225 pro xs and it was the fastest so far but didn’t like the way it handled the bc handles much better
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwmansfi View Post
    I ran a sc performer 4 on my 20 225 pro xs and it was the fastest so far but didn’t like the way it handled the bc handles much better
    I like the bc as well. It's my best fishing prop.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Im sure if you think about it- no racer uses a 4 blade and their holeshot is what wins races. Youre racially profiling a 3 blade prop when in reality a 2.5 on a 20’er runs a 3 blade prop better anyday. We’re back to those automatic responses again- “ 4 blade man! Holeshot!! Ski boat prop- you need a 4 blade for holeshot!!” You’ve fallen into the facebook rut.
    times are changing, that used to Be the case, there are some new 4 blades out there and it might just surprise you how many are under the prop covers in the pits at the drags this season.

I do find the more weight I put in my boat, the 4 blades do start to take over on holeshot with some of them, especially my qIV o/t’s

my performer 4 B.C. hates weight though on holeshot. Two people and a good limit, comes out the hole like a dump truck with a dead cylinder compared to a et or cut chopper same pitch and load lol.

14. Member
    Signatures work well for me, and I never had one worked, but I did run my best speed with a 30p Pro ET

I must say that my curiosity is peeked. I'm thinking about trying a 28 ET.

16. Member
    Fatshaft if this water will ever go down were going to get several of us together on ft. Gibson and run a few I'll try to post somthing on here to so make plans to join us not certain what all props will be there but there will be several. I have a bravo on mine but not satisfied I think it should have more in it I'm wanting to try a 28bc performer on my ss if I can ever get my hands on one everytime I find one I dont have the cash

Yeah, that sounds good. I'm gonna try to make it. I have a buddy here in tulsa ( Scott w/red and white 20' w/300 yammy on it ) that was telling me about the ft gibson get together. I have a 27 promax and a 26 pro et I'm playing with now. I have a B&B 26 trophy too that runs good, just slips a little too much on holeshot. Are you a member of Midwest bullet owners on FB?

18. Member
    Yes on midwest bullet owners Scott's bravo pushed my ss 92mph last time he came down I know hes had some work done to it since then I've never ran a trophy all I hear is how bad they are to sling blades makes me nervous

Yeah, the trophys had a bad rep about going deaf a long time ago. The newer ones aren't any more prone to it than any other prop. I have always had my prop b&b and I think that helps.

20. Banned
    Another prop to try if you can get your hands on one is a lab finish promax. I just got one and it's very different from the pro finish I had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12