Thread: 21 trx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Ive had both and it’s a toss up. The 21 is more comfortable and has more floor space. 21 is faster.
    Do you mean more floor space in the cockpit area or on the decks. I’m trying to figure out where the extra length of the 21 is. If the front deck of the 20 is the same, I may go that route.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Do you mean more floor space in the cockpit area or on the decks. I’m trying to figure out where the extra length of the 21 is. If the front deck of the 20 is the same, I may go that route.
    Deck space on the 21 is bigger and wider. I have have had the 21 and the 22 and I actually like the deck on the 21 better because it is wider at the bow. Look at the overview pics on Tritons website and you can see the difference. I am ordering the bigger boat because of the ride, just wasn’t a fan of the ride in my 21trx.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Deck space on the 21 is bigger and wider. I have have had the 21 and the 22 and I actually like the deck on the 21 better because it is wider at the bow. Look at the overview pics on Tritons website and you can see the difference. I am ordering the bigger boat because of the ride, just wasn’t a fan of the ride in my 21trx.
    i think the 20TrX deck is at least as wide as the 21 and close to the same length. The 21 has more legroom in the cockpit area.

4. Banned
    i think the 20TrX deck is at least as wide as the 21 and close to the same length. The 21 has more legroom in the cockpit area.
    You could very well be right but I borrowed a friend of mine new 20trx last week since I’ve sold my 22 and waiting for my 20 model to come in and I could get my 7’6 rods in the locker. Seems a bit shorter in the front but I could be wrong.

5. Member
    I did some measuring for comparison while I was borrowing a 21trx from the dealer then took some measurements on my 20trx when I got it back...the front deck on the 20 is 8’ foot long (96”), the front deck on the 21 is about 8’ 5” (101”) so there’s 5” of difference, the cockpit I measured from the bottom of the drawer under the starboard console to the front edge of the back deck by the rod ramp and the 20 measured about 3’ 10” and the 21 measured 4’ 3”, another 5” difference, the back deck measured 49” on the 20 and 43 1/2” on the 21. Until I got to the rear deck I thought I was easily seein how the extra foot on the 21 was spread out thru the boat. I was at 10 + inches thinkin the rear decks were either goin to be about the same or the 21 would be just a little bigger. But it was just the opposite with the 20 having about 5 to 5 1/2” bigger rear deck. So now I don’t know where the extra 6-7” on the 21 is at. Oh well.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    I did some measuring for comparison while I was borrowing a 21trx from the dealer then took some measurements on my 20trx when I got it back...the front deck on the 20 is 8’ foot long (96”), the front deck on the 21 is about 8’ 5” (101”) so there’s 5” of difference, the cockpit I measured from the bottom of the drawer under the starboard console to the front edge of the back deck by the rod ramp and the 20 measured about 3’ 10” and the 21 measured 4’ 3”, another 5” difference, the back deck measured 49” on the 20 and 43 1/2” on the 21. Until I got to the rear deck I thought I was easily seein how the extra foot on the 21 was spread out thru the boat. I was at 10 + inches thinkin the rear decks were either goin to be about the same or the 21 would be just a little bigger. But it was just the opposite with the 20 having about 5 to 5 1/2” bigger rear deck. So now I don’t know where the extra 6-7” on the 21 is at. Oh well.
    Which one did you like best?

7. Member
    Which one did you like best?
    I really like both. Both are dry riding, both are very smooth. I couldn’t tell hardly any difference in the ride on a normal calm day or a breezy day with a chop on the water. But I did notice a difference when the wind gets up and waves start rolling that the extra foot on the 21 made for a much more pleasant ride. I liked that the 21 felt a lot roomier in the drivers seat. And I liked that the rear deck storage compartments are running lengthwise with the length of the boat so that when you’re opening a compartment door you’re actually opening shorter door than you are on the 20. The 20 has its rear compartments running lengthwise toward the center of the boat. So when u open a rear door your opening a long door leaving more door hanging over the side when fully open (hope that makes sence). But like I say, I really like em both and wouldn’t hesitate to own either one. But my next one will be a 21 for the reasons above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12