First time for the 80 mark today, only 3rd trip out

Only have 7hrs on my boat so far and still learning it. New XRS with a 300R with a 32 Bravo FS on it right now, have a 30 XS also. Had a bad problem of it blowing out on break over with both props and I didn’t like it or feel comfortable with it reving as high as it would. Even feathering it or doing the left/right slight turn didn’t help enough.

Jackplate was at 1.5 above the pad, dropped it 3/4 so it’s now 3/4 above to see how it would act and it was way better. Jumps out of the water, barely starts to slip then bites and puts you in the seat. On a decent run today got it to touch 82mph and was at 5850 rpm, 26 water pressure and is was a smooth ride. I was solo loaded like normal and had a full tank of petro. Going to raise it back up one click which is 1/4 inch so it’s an inch above and see how it does or may leave it where it is and try the 30 XS the next trip out and see how it runs. Just love driving it, I’ll be doing more playing/driving than fishing for a while i know.
    Last edited by Sleepy111; 06-04-2019 at 09:17 PM.

2. Member
    Sure thought that boat would do a lot better than that, my Triton 21 TRX will run 81 with a 300 xs on the back, i think it would do better than that if I played with props. I thought the XRS boat would scare 90 with a 300 R on the back.

3. Member
    It will, it’s only the 3rd time I’ve had it on the water. I just mashed it a few times to see what water pressure was for where it’s at for now and didn’t stay in it for a long top end run. It was still pulling hard. Today was a play day and just learn it some more. I have plenty of time to get it dialed in, it’s gonna be with me for a long time.

4. Member
    Good work , taking your time is the best thing to do you got a lot left ...
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    It will, it’s only the 3rd time I’ve had it on the water. I just mashed it a few times to see what water pressure was for where it’s at for now and didn’t stay in it for a long top end run. It was still pulling hard. Today was a play day and just learn it some more. I have plenty of time to get it dialed in, it’s gonna be with me for a long time.
    I gotcha, keep us posted on your numbers and set up.

Falconpilot ran his to 100 but he had to use one of those rediculous $5000 props to do it. Mercury has to change something- who wants to run a 42pitch $5000 prop?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Sure thought that boat would do a lot better than that, my Triton 21 TRX will run 81 with a 300 xs on the back, i think it would do better than that if I played with props. I thought the XRS boat would scare 90 with a 300 R on the back.

So a 21’ Triton with a 300xs MERC runs the same as my 21’10” Bullet with a 225 Yamaha.........

The OP obviously is just filling his new rig out. The new 4 Strokes haven’t been out long enough for everyone to know how to dial them in, but make no mistake, the OPs boat is a 90+mph rig.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLAB View Post
    So a 21’ Triton with a 300xs MERC runs the same as my 21’10” Bullet with a 225 Yamaha.........

The OP obviously is just filling his new rig out. The new 4 Strokes haven’t been out long enough for everyone to know how to dial them in, but make no mistake, the OPs boat is a 90+mph rig.
    Post # 5. So your Bullet will only run 81 ? Fairly sure my Triton could get to 82-83 if I messed with the prop and set up.

9. Banned
    Take your time and be paitent the speed will come. Happykamper I'd hate to have a 300 and only run 83 my ss with a 250 will do that loaded with 2 people and a full tank of gas.

10. Member
    Post # 5. So your Bullet will only run 81 ? Fairly sure my Triton could get to 82-83 if I messed with the prop and set up.
    With 75 less HP than you. Yes... you put your motor on his boat , its 95+..

11. Member
    Im running 91-92 gps loaded with 2 people on my 21xrd with stock 32 bravo fs. Been fishing too many tournaments to set it up better and work with different props. 300R!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock2033 View Post
    With 75 less HP than you. Yes... you put your motor on his boat , its 95+..
    Well I took his comments like he did not believe a heavy ass Triton would run 81, and I also acknowledged that the OP was just getting used to his new boat, collins4 81 for a boat like a Triton is pretty good, it is not a speed boat compared to a Bullet or Allison etc.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Falconpilot ran his to 100 but he had to use one of those rediculous $5000 props to do it. Mercury has to change something- who wants to run a 42pitch $5000 prop?
    Mercury came out with a 1.60 gear sporty for the new 4 strokes. It's the guys that bought the new 4stroke early that got shafted. Now you can order them with 1.60 gears

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Mercury came out with a 1.60 gear sporty for the new 4 strokes. It's the guys that bought the new 4stroke early that got shafted. Now you can order them with 1.60 gears

Yea I inquired about changing my motor order before it arrived but it was to late. They came out just a few weeks before mine showed up. It’s a shame mercury wouldn’t offer us that got shafted a smoking deal on a 1.60 foot for a swap or a full spare. I bet almost all of us would take them up on it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Yea I inquired about changing my motor order before it arrived but it was to late. They came out just a few weeks before mine showed up. It’s a shame mercury wouldn’t offer us that got shafted a smoking deal on a 1.60 foot for a swap or a full spare. I bet almost all of us would take them up on it.
    So what gear case do you have ? I am new to this game, Tom at Bullet told me to get the 160 sporty. I have had nothing but torque master for about as long as I can remember.

16. Member
    So what gear case do you have ? I am new to this game, Tom at Bullet told me to get the 160 sporty. I have had nothing but torque master for about as long as I can remember.
    You have 1.75 gears, Because of your speed/rpm you would have 1.75s

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    You have 1.75 gears, Because of your speed/rpm you would have 1.75s
    Yes I do have 1.75 on my Triton, is that what Sleepy111 has ? My new Bullet will have the 1.60 sporty.

18. Member
    Mine has the 1.75 sportmaster

19. Member
    Yes I do have 1.75 on my Triton, is that what Sleepy111 has ? My new Bullet will have the 1.60 sporty.
    Sorry i got confused with the names, i thought you we're the OP with the XRS. I thought he was asking the question about his 300r/ XRS :)