2003 stratos 21xl

I own a 2003 stratos 21xl with a yamaha250 boat has a 6 “ jackplate when I try to trim it all the way up it motor losses water pressure is anyone else having or had this problem

2. Member
    Your motor may be setup to high causing your motor to suck some air in the water pickup. Try lowering it 1/4 inch and check the results.

3. Member

21xl

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Your motor may be setup to high causing your motor to suck some air in the water pickup. Try lowering it 1/4 inch and check the results.

I have have lowered the motor and jack plate in every position possible motor still looses water pressure

4. Member
    Have you added a transducer, poles, etc to the stern? Thinking turbulence around the LU.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Have you added a transducer, poles, etc to the stern? Thinking turbulence around the LU.

No haven’t added any thing to the boat I have spoke to a lot of different people and the boat has been to several different shops no one has a clue why it looses pressure I have been told the only way to fix it is to put a low water pickup foot on the motor

Sounds like you're due for a new impeller.

7. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    I'm curious...using the method stuck at the top of this page, what is your prop to pad measurement?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzB8 View Post
    I'm curious...using the method stuck at the top of this page, what is your prop to pad measurement?

I have ave has it set from 3.5 inches below the pad to 3.5 inches above the pad and everywhere in between it doesn’t matter what I do it still looses water pressure I put a new water pump in the motor every other year just to make sure that impeller doesn’t cause any issues. I’ve talked to stratos factory and Yamaha factory both of those are useless they just pass the buck on to the other one

9. Member
    Drop it lower to see if anything changes.Don't see how that boat would even get
    Out of the hole at 3.5 above pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkler03 View Post
    I’ve talked to stratos factory
    So how long ago was this?

11. Member
    When you say it loses water pressure, do you mean it loses ALL water pressure or just the water pressure drops? Have you considered swapping out the gauge and tubing?

12. Member
    over trimming?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools