Long Lake near TC

Has anyone ever fished this? Trying to head up to TC area next week, it looks like a cool little lake but can’t find much info on it. Mostly just looking for some super clear northern Michigan water to hopefully go find some bedding smallies. Otherwise I’m not opposed to just going and fishing one of the other more popular lakes in the area if it’s not worth hitting Long.

2. Member
    Long, Duck, and Green all have decent fishing and are close together..You could spend a nice weekend hitting all 3...They should be deep into the spawn by now..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

I fished Long lake 4 years ago. Didnt do too good out on the main lake for smallies. But I went into Mickey lake every morning and smacked the largemouth on topwater in the weed flat. Caught 1 over 5 lbs and a good amount of 2-3lbers. Small poppers seemed to be the best.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys! I’ll let you know how it goes

5. Member
    Local club had their classic their last fall and I think Largies dominated. Probably still be able to find some spawners tho
    1997 Champion 202 w/225 ProMax

6. Member
    One of my favorite lakes up there. I’ve caught some big smallies..if it’s anything post-spawn use a pencil plug topwater around the sunken island in 10-15’ north of the launch off long lake park. Still spawning, find wood in 10’ and look for the beds. The occasional dock will have beds as well. Otherwise try a Carolina rigged chigger craw or 1/2 rattletrap on the rocky flats on the northeast side of the lake in between the main shoreline and the islands

7. Member
    we hammered them last fall off that sunken island, neat area...
    Quote Originally Posted by muyman22 View Post
    One of my favorite lakes up there. I’ve caught some big smallies..if it’s anything post-spawn use a pencil plug topwater around the sunken island in 10-15’ north of the launch off long lake park. Still spawning, find wood in 10’ and look for the beds. The occasional dock will have beds as well. Otherwise try a Carolina rigged chigger craw or 1/2 rattletrap on the rocky flats on the northeast side of the lake in between the main shoreline and the islands
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate

There's some big smallies in there. Not the easiest smallie lake though. Walleye, perch, panfish can be very good. Its not one of the crystal clear lakes you'd be expecting (but still a nice northern lake).

I have a buddy that stays there pretty regular during the summer for a couple weeks. He said most everyone on the lake fishes for walleye. He hasn't caught any giants, but says they are in there. He has had some great fishing days due to the low bass fishing pressure. I've driven by it several times including this spring when I came from Green Lake. That lake does have giants. I can verify that! It can also be a extremely tough lake. If you align the stars right, you might have a day you won't forget.

10. Member
    Thanks guys, heading up this Wednesday for either Long Lake or the East Bay.

11. Member
    Long lake is a great lake for both smallies and large. It is as clear as any northern michigan lake. As mentioned above...Duck, Green and Long would make for a great weekend trip. Being a bit biased I may change that up a bit and go Duck, Long, East Bay...but that is just my .02
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.