Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Not for nothing, but both of my Ti2 Units are new, and so are the 3-in-1 ducers, of course. What are the odds that both are faulty? It makes me wonder if it's something I'm doing wrong, but then again I've gone through every set-up tutorial out there, so I think I've done everything right. So is it really likely that both are bad?

2. Member
    It seems like Lowrance have had a bad batch of Ti2s, and if both units are from that batch (which they most likely are when purchased from the same suplier at the same time) you end up with both beeing bad.

3. Member
    I ended up exchanging mine and still have the same issue with the new one. According to lowrance tech support, every unit has this issue. Told me just to run in totalscan m/h until the new software is released which has no release date yet.

4. Member
    I'm amazed at how prolific this issue is, given that the new AI 3-in-1 was being so heavily touted as a main feature of the Ti2's. You would think that a central feature such as this high tech transducer would work with one of the main model line of graphs its designed for.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    It seems like Lowrance have had a bad batch of Ti2s, and if both units are from that batch (which they most likely are when purchased from the same suplier at the same time) you end up with both beeing bad.
    I agree with this statement...
    I've been running 2 Elite Ti2 9" units on my aluminum boat for many months now and have Zero issues with the wireless networking or getting excellent imaging from either one of the 2 Active imaging 3 in 1 transducers.

Brian

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG Marine Electronics View Post
    I agree with this statement...
    I've been running 2 Elite Ti2 9" units on my aluminum boat for many months now and have Zero issues with the wireless networking or getting excellent imaging from either one of the 2 Active imaging 3 in 1 transducers.

Brian
    Interesting since lowrance told me that every elite ti2 had the transducer autodetect issue on the active imaging. I'll have to call the again and ask why some units work and mine doesn't. When you look under your sonar settings in the installation, what does it show for a transducer source?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
    I'm amazed at how prolific this issue is, given that the new AI 3-in-1 was being so heavily touted as a main feature of the Ti2's. You would think that a central feature such as this high tech transducer would work with one of the main model line of graphs its designed for.
    Yeah the wifi and phone connection is cool, but they probably should have spent a little more time on the sonar part.

8. Member
    I have not had any issues with transducer identification with my Ti2. It found the 3 in 1 immediately and selected it automatically.

The only issue i sue I had was the sonar not working, which many of us had, after a few outings. But updating to 19.1 fixed that issue. After updating I did a hard reset and it found the 3 in 1 immediately. Not sure why lowrance says it is happening with all units when it is definitely not.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pondwalrus View Post
    Interesting since lowrance told me that every elite ti2 had the transducer autodetect issue on the active imaging. I'll have to call the again and ask why some units work and mine doesn't. When you look under your sonar settings in the installation, what does it show for a transducer source?

10. Member
    Received a new transducer from lowrance today. Still no luck getting it to connect. Called tech support again and they claimed I needed to wait for the software patch. I asked about the warranty in case this patch doesn't fix the problem and lowrance said it wouldn't necessarily be covered if the patch doesn't work. It would be reviewed on a case by case basis. What a joke.

11. Member
    I have a customer that just went through this mess. He's on his 3rd pair of Ti2's in the last 2 weeks. (Thankfully Cabela's allowed a refund and replacement.) The total scan selection trick is working for him... well kinda... just doesn't look as good as one would wish. Hopefully Lowrance will get this known issue resolved or recall all the "bad batches" that Team Colibri believes exists. It's tough charging a customer twice for an installation and removal while knowing their still not happy or comfortable with the end result. However, I did warn him in advance that the Ti2's have been having issues.

12. Member
    i have no solution to mine, been using the total m/h for now and the image quality is piss poor. I can say the D/S is god awful, my old elite chirp has better quality images. you cant see grass, nor can you tell if a rock is a rock or if its just a rise. the 2-d gives better interpretations.

other than the frustration of image quality i can say having 3 linked units is such a pleasure being able to mark a spot in side scan, and transfer it to the front to go fish it.

13. Member
    Updated: lowrance just release a revision ton19.1. It allows you to select the AI transducer manually at the very bottom. ����

14. Member
    Hi All,,, first post here. I bought my Elite-9 Ti2 a couple weeks ago,, installed it and got the "Unknown Transducer" in the install menu like everyone else. It was researching that when I found this thread. I manually selected the Totalscan M/H TDR and have been running it that way. I've been refreshing the Lowrance software update page every couple of days and just looking at the version, 19.1, thinking the patch wasn't released yet. It wasn't until I refreshed this page did I see ramdriver15's update. I downloaded the update this morning and validated it is an update. 19.1-62.1.128 as opposed to .103. After work I installed the update and when I checked the install menu, it already showed AI 3-1. You do not have to select it manually. Can't wait to get it on the water to see the improvement. Thanks for all the information!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Rafferty View Post
    Hi All,,, first post here. I bought my Elite-9 Ti2 a couple weeks ago,, installed it and got the "Unknown Transducer" in the install menu like everyone else. It was researching that when I found this thread. I manually selected the Totalscan M/H TDR and have been running it that way. I've been refreshing the Lowrance software update page every couple of days and just looking at the version, 19.1, thinking the patch wasn't released yet. It wasn't until I refreshed this page did I see ramdriver15's update. I downloaded the update this morning and validated it is an update. 19.1-62.1.128 as opposed to .103. After work I installed the update and when I checked the install menu, it already showed AI 3-1. You do not have to select it manually. Can't wait to get it on the water to see the improvement. Thanks for all the information!
    Correct......
    Steve Engelbrecht - Johannesburg, South Africa
    Ranger Z21, Yamaha V-Max HPDI 300, Minnkota, Lowrance HDS and Elite-Ti

16. Member
    Update: I went fishing for the first time since I updated and my Ti2 detected my AI 3-1. My downscan images looked terrible,, so checked the Chart / Install menu and it said Unknown Transducer. I was able to manually select the AI 3-1 from the list of transducers. Just thought it strange it reverted back to unknown but was glad I was able to manually select it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12