Yamaha YES warranty

Anybody know what it costs to get a YES warranty on a 225 SHO motor? Also are they any good?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I think it around 2900 for 200-250hp
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    whatever the cost is it is a good value if you have powerhead go down.

4. Member
    Did you buy it?

5. Member
    My new 2019 FX20 came with it . Total of 6 years.

6. Member
    I have it for my 2016 Zx225 within my purchase deal...it was free for several years of coverage due to a promotion within the purchase point time...I just got a notice through the US paper mail system that they were offering an additional year of coverage for $1,250.00...I felt like I was going to have to renew a magazine subscription! The letter never stated anywhere as far as when my original coverage expires! Pathetic in my opinion!...

7. Member
    Lookout, shop around the prices will vary. Some states require taxes to be paid; some don't. I have been told Sim Yahama offers a great price, but have not personally purchased the plan from them. I did have it on my last SHO and they replaced a lower unit (cost + labor = 4200), without issue. I then blew a powerhead on that SHO when it was 6-8 out of warranty. They were willing to provide me with a heavily discounted powerhead, which I believe was because I had purchased the warranty.

8. Member
    Andy at SIM Yamaha is where you want to buy your YES warranty from. They are the cheapest and Andy is a Yamaha certified Master tech that can answer any question you have.

9. Member
    Thanks

10. bullyfish
    That’s pretty sad people have to get all these extra warranty’s because these motors are Over engineered piece of junk and Unreliable Yamaha needs to have a lawsuit against them l don’t see how they have got by it

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post
    That’s pretty sad people have to get all these extra warranty’s because these motors are Over engineered piece of junk and Unreliable Yamaha needs to have a lawsuit against them l don’t see how they have got by it
    Well... these motors are a bit more sophisticated than your 1989 carbed 2 stroke.... You want to blame someone.... blame the EPA on laying out strict emissions regulations.

At the end of the day the YES is an insurance policy. Its not required and is in no way a reflection of the power head reliability.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rxskeeter View Post
    Well... these motors are a bit more sophisticated than your 1989 carbed 2 stroke.... You want to blame someone.... blame the EPA on laying out strict emissions regulations.

At the end of the day the YES is an insurance policy. Its not required and is in no way a reflection of the power head reliability.
    Not sure it's an EPA issue but I would rather have the sophisticated less polluting engine than those old carbed motors that spilled gas an oil in the water. I also love my SHO but they have had and still do have history of issues that require new power heads. Remember when Yamaha was replacing them? Not saying Mercury or other brands don't have issues either but I made sure I got the extra 3 years of Y.E.S and even then not sure since my brothers 8 year old SHO 200 just had water in the crankcase and is getting the power head replaced luckily on Yamaha's dime.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

13. Member
    The EPA has regulations on any new combustion/ignition spark type engine that produces emissions.

Yamaha discovered a flaw and replaced powerheads whether it was warranty or goodwill. 'Im sure if they didn't do this, there would likely be outstanding lawsuits.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

14. Member
    Just got letter in mail from Yamaha. When I purchased the boat little did I know it included the YES warranty. Now to see if I have trouble how it will be handled.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post

Show me a vehicle warranty that goes 6-7 years. Not many out there.