Banned

Improving starting on a 04 ELPTO 50hp 2 stroke?

Motor runs like a champ when that throttles down.....but starting it up always sucks. It doesnt take a ton of tries....but it does take 3-5 cranks some times.

One thing I will say...I dont think my choke is working anymore. About the second trip out or so I was using it, then tried it again....and it just didnt have the same sound/performance. Seemed like it stopped working. But even when the choke was working it wouldnt start on first crank.

Anything I can do to improve this? Spark plugs are less than a year old prolly 6 months....but one thing ive noticed is sometimes ill find oil on the spark plugs (while parked at home) when I pull them out to check.

Let me know. thanks.

2. Member
    choke/primer needs to work for sure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    choke/primer needs to work for sure
    is that easy to fix? something an idiot can do? lol

I'm ok with stuff and as long as theres videos and i take lots of pics its turned out ok. Gas stuff is scary though lol

4. Member
    make sure its got voltage to enrichner wire yellow/blk from key and hoses are good to and from it, or take it to dealer
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    make sure its got voltage to enrichner wire yellow/blk from key and hoses are good to and from it, or take it to dealer

I dont have a dealer anywhere around...or a trusted marine mechanic either really. Gone through 0 for 2 in my attempts at finding a marine mechanic. let me look that other stuff up and see how it goes. thanks!

6. Member
    yes sir