Thread: Bow plate

Bow plate

I have a 2009 ZX190 that came with a Lowrance x-135 flush mounted in the plastic plate on the bow. This plastic plate also has the plug for trolling motor on left side, trim and light switch on the right. I am looking to replace the Edge trolling motor with Fortrex with built in Mega transducer, and hook that to a Helix 7.
    Since there is limited room, is there a metal plate that would cover the hole where the Lowrance now sits? That way I could mount my Helix right to the plate.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Call Bass Boat Technologies

3. Precision Sonar
    PM Sent!!

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

4. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyManCan View Post
    I have a 2009 ZX190 that came with a Lowrance x-135 flush mounted in the plastic plate on the bow. This plastic plate also has the plug for trolling motor on left side, trim and light switch on the right. I am looking to replace the Edge trolling motor with Fortrex with built in Mega transducer, and hook that to a Helix 7.
    Since there is limited room, is there a metal plate that would cover the hole where the Lowrance now sits? That way I could mount my Helix right to the plate.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Call Precision Sonar 270-703-6133 they will help.

They have this ... use the opening for the trim switch, drill the holes for the helix 7 bracket. Place the toggle switch for the lights under the plate in the nose and use just the switch at the console.

ZX BRP TM plug.jpg

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

5. Member
    full-93588-14243-de38b600_4b98_4bfe_9463_549844eca249.jpeg
    Just made the exact thing you’re asking about. It’s very easy to make. I used 1/2” acrylic and wrapped it in the left over carbon vinyl that was used on my seats. The bow panel is mounted over a shaped gel coated area that is easy to mount a flat part to.

6. Member
    Steez, what year is that boat? How do you have all that stuff around the trolling motor area? If it’s a newer boat then I understand but then the bow plate area doesn’t match a newer boat.

7. Member
    Or is that a piece you bought that installs around the pedal area? Thanks

I cutout and shaped a piece of plexiglass to fit in the depthfinder recess and sprayed one side with gray rustolium primer. It is velcroedinto place and matches the original panel pretty good.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    Steez, what year is that boat? How do you have all that stuff around the trolling motor area? If it’s a newer boat then I understand but then the bow plate area doesn’t match a newer boat.
    It is a 2003. I added the recessed tray and made the bracket to hold the Hydrowave forward of the HDS. The original bow “plate” was an ABS molded cover that was wrapped in black vinyl. It originally had the receptacle for the Trolling motor plug, two volt gauges, a switch to toggle between those two gauges, and a trim rocker switch.

I deleted the gauges, since a voltage reading is available on the HDS. I never use the trim switch, so I deleted it. The trolling motor is “hardwired” and I installed a MinnKota 60amp ignition protected circuit breaker next to the batteries.

Not seen in the picture is the foot switches for the PowerPoles. I installed them about 10 minutes after that picture.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    Or is that a piece you bought that installs around the pedal area? Thanks
    Oh. By “stuff” are you referring to the drink holder and tool holder? If so, don’t waste your money on the tray. I bought it because it’s red to match other parts of the boat. But a drink and tool “holder” is a stretch. I got my Diet Coke all over the place and almost lost some nice pliers....first good wave. Haha.