1000 islands bass opener

Coming up from Ohio for the opener next weekend. Staying in Henderson. Had a great trip same time last year chasing smallies out around the islands and in Chaumont when the wind blew. We’ll be there for four days if anyone wants to share notes on how you’re doing. Also - glad to share Erie and St. Clair info for anyone that might be interested. Thanks

Scrib

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    when you say next weekend you mean the 15th correct., River is very different this year with high water, lots of floating debris, and a no wake 600 feet from shore in effect. Be careful.

3. Member
    Yes, 3rd Saturday is what I meant. Spent almost all our time out in the lake last year. Did well around Gallo and Stony islands. Would love to have a backup plan in the river, just don’t really know where to start. Thanks

4. Member
    The current is absolutely ripping in the river. I would just fish protected bays as backup plan. I wouldn't really be running around the river unless you are with someone very knowledgeable. Theres a ton of floating debris and like I said tons of current

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    The current is absolutely ripping in the river. I would just fish protected bays as backup plan. I wouldn't really be running around the river unless you are with someone very knowledgeable. Theres a ton of floating debris and like I said tons of current
    heard same things pretty bad up there