Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What exactly are they spraying?

Subscribe and share!
    Jason

It's all about the money. There are no invasive species there...or no aquatic vegetation that is growing out of control.

I like the guy who does the videos though. Have you seen this one:

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    It's all bullshit. Complete bullshit. They sprayed here on Seminole claiming it was to improve some areas for navigation and recreation. They sprayed Spring Creek nobody is water skiing in Spring Creek. It's a giant stump field with a marked channel for navigation. It's all lies

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    That's embarrassing..

The quicker they can empty those tanks the quicker they can get back to the trucks and sit in the a/c.

6. Member
    Well made video. Very sad to see. The old saying a picture says a thousand words (in this case a video) holds true. The FWC CAN NOT lie and say the only spray invasive aquatic vegetation.
    Brad Krone

7. Member
    They lie about everything, they have to otherwise it cannot continue. Leadership needs jail time.

8. Member
    The FWC is making huge mud holes out of our lakes. Look at Orange, Lochloosa, Rodman, Okeechobee, Toho and Kissimmee. The water looks like chocolate milk because those idiots are killing the filtration system that removes the neutrants and chemicals from the water and keeps the water clean. Without that natural filter, we wind up with lakes that are nothing more than mud holes. The effects of their assault on our lakes is killing our fishing industry that brings in millions of dollars to our state every year.

I wish I knew what it will take to get this insanity stopped but somebody needs to do something!

9. Member
    The Video is the Perfect Evidence we have needed.

Do as I did and Share It on your Social Media Groups. This effects all of the Citizens of Florida, not just Fishermen, and we need to get the word out that way.

Up to now it has been US the Fishermen trying to get it stopped, we need to get ALL CITIZENS Involved and then maybe Together we can get it Stopped.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    We need an emoji for really pissed off! I am so tired of seeing this crap and our waterways being turned into golf course ponds!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    Anyone know how to get that video to DeSantis or Rick Scott?

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    Anyone know how to get that video to DeSantis or Rick Scott?
    Make a copy and take a drive up to Tallahassee.

13. Member
    Same crap going on in Louisiana. We have a Giant Salvinia problem on many lakes but they're spraying and killing much more than Salvinia. I won't eat anything out of most lakes around here. 10-15 years down the road we'll hear about cancer caused by these poisons in our water.

14. Banned
    Carcinogens. "They" are spraying carcinogens. There is no need for the fertilizers that are being used...

Segue:

What is the only thing the humanoid NEEDS to survive? Let's spray poisons in (answer here). Makes perfect cents but not very much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Carcinogens. "They" are spraying carcinogens. There is no need for the fertilizers that are being used...

Segue:

What is the only thing the humanoid NEEDS to survive? Let's spray poisons in (answer here). Makes perfect cents but not very much sense.
    You're exactly right. I've actually been researching this.

There are 17 active ingredients approved for use in Florida waters by FWC. Many of those ARE carcinogenic, just like Lew said.
    https://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/manage/c...ed-in-florida/

It's just crazy that they are introducing so many chemicals into our waterways.

Look at these reports for Lake Harris 5/26 - 5/31/2019

15 different chemicals used at an expense of over $54,000.....1 lake...1 week.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

16. Member
    I heard that the former Agriculture Commissioner (Adam Putnam) and the owner of Applied Aquatics are buddies. Just what I heard, I have no validation. Wouldn't surprise me that there was some back scratching going on for a deal.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

17. Banned
    Maybe piggyback on the Glyphosate™ suits?

Perhaps an ad from some non descript 'amber lamps chaser' looking for clients with the hook: "Did Your father or grandfather ever fish Lake Harris and then get non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma? ..."

Or...

Anyone You know ever drink water from the central Florida aquifer?

And....

A private water bottling company wants to draw out another 173,000 gallons a DAY out of this same aquifer...

Now think for just a second... A drop of poison in a bowl is way more deadly than a drop of poison that has the ability to dissipate..

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Damn Lew! If I had the funding to be able to research and class action this....oh I’d be a happy boy!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I can understand spraying to keep things under control but to spray open water and spray native plants these contract sprayers clearly are not trained to know what they are spraying and what shouldn’t be sprayed
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

20. Member
    I suggest those videos be emailed to the Governor's office and a note saying this is exactly what we fishermen have been complaining about. I really think FWC knows and approves because they get to administer and oversee the operations thus increasing their budget. It's an environmental nightmare and a total waste of money!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast