Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirch View Post
    I have seen a number of people saying that they have 3 of the 50 ah batteries and have no problems . I have a 24 v tm which draws more power than a 36 . How many people are using 2 50 ah batteries for really long days . During the summer I will fish from sun up to sun down . That is a 16 hour day . No one here has mentioned any thing like that . I like the price point and weight of the 50 ah ones but would want to hang my self if I spent that kind of money and ran out of juice at the end of the day. I have a small tin with a 25 on it so switching batteries to save weight will be advantages .
    usually to be on the safe side we would recommend a larger Ah lithium for a 24v system just incase you want to fish a 16 hour day on the trolling motor. I dont have any customers currently running 50s, I also sale K2 energy and they always recommend higher ah. no one wants to spend that much and not get what the need to fit there fishing habits so most are hesitant to try, I get ask about this a lot and I could never recommend it with out knowing my self they would hold up. I do have extra 50s just sitting in the shop and im considering having a local with a 80lb ultrex test them in a long tournament day but feedback from more guys running this setup would be a big help to everyone and all brands. there are a lot of batteries to choose from now and I recommend getting what ever brand and size of Ah that best suits your way of fishing and your equipment at what ever the cost, they are all a big investment so make the right choice and enjoy all the benefits Lithium has to offer
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    Drewtick would the 100ah be a suitable cranking battery for a 2003 Evinrude 225 HO ? I run 2 7" Garmin graphs and LED black lights and cycle one livewell pump. If so could you pm me a price for one of those and 2 50ah for my trolling battery ?

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Shadow View Post
    Drewtick would the 100ah be a suitable cranking battery for a 2003 Evinrude 225 HO ? I run 2 7" Garmin graphs and LED black lights and cycle one livewell pump. If so could you pm me a price for one of those and 2 50ah for my trolling battery ?
    PM sent
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Battle Born 100amps are incredible. Ive had some very "trying" situations and the Battle Borns came through with flying colors. Last one was trolling at max setting for over 10 miles after main motor went out. Remote camping for 3 days without charging, Ultrex never showed any signs of weakening. Then they charge back up in a few hours with a normal Minn Kota charger.

5. Member
    They charge with a normal minn Kota on board charger?

Quote Originally Posted by NY29T View Post
    They charge with a normal minn Kota on board charger?
    Yep - I confirmed with BattleBorn that my minnkota charger has a charging profile that works well with their batteries.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

7. Member
    I run my BattleBorns off a MK330D, charges them just fine. Someone let me know when someone makes a deep cycle/starting lithium that can be compatible with older, higher voltage outboard electrical systems.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by jkirch View Post
    I have seen a number of people saying that they have 3 of the 50 ah batteries and have no problems . I have a 24 v tm which draws more power than a 36 . How many people are using 2 50 ah batteries for really long days . During the summer I will fish from sun up to sun down . That is a 16 hour day . No one here has mentioned any thing like that . I like the price point and weight of the 50 ah ones but would want to hang my self if I spent that kind of money and ran out of juice at the end of the day. I have a small tin with a 25 on it so switching batteries to save weight will be advantages .
    I am running 2 ReLion 50ah batteries for my 24 volt Terrova 80# thrust. I have fished sun up till 4 in the afternoon with no problems. I am confident I could fish from sun up to sun down on a normal day of fishing. I have only killed them once and it was during the spring when the fish were bedding. I was running up and down the canals on the St. Johns river on high looking for spawners. Started fishing from sun up till 2:30. I think the average bass guy would be fine with 50 ah batteries in 24 volt. A hard core TX guy would be best with two 80 ah batteries. I have no regrets with what I bought.

9. Member
    I am pretty serious about my fishing so the 75ah+ range is what would likely get the job done . It seems that there is noticeable jump in price going anything bigger than the 50.

10. Member
    I agree with K Dawg. I have the same Batterys with a 36v and have had no problems or regrets.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    we tested a pair of 50ah Ionics in a 9 hour tournament yesterday with a 80lb ultrex and pushed them pretty hard and they did the job and never slowed down was at about 45% when done
    I ran the same tournament with 3 50ah 36v 105 motor guide and they were at 82%

conditions, fishing style, size of boat all can affect the amp draw
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    we tested a pair of 50ah Ionics in a 9 hour tournament yesterday with a 80lb ultrex and pushed them pretty hard and they did the job and never slowed down was at about 45% when done
    I ran the same tournament with 3 50ah 36v 105 motor guide and they were at 82%

conditions, fishing style, size of boat all can affect the amp draw
    That's incredible! Thanks for the specifics! Curious - how are you measuring the remaining power of these batteries (45% vs 82%)?
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Built in Bluetooth and this App

info@drewcraft.com

Last edited by 188Musky; 06-17-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Lithium Pros
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

16. Member
    ReLion batteries have been great for me. I have two 100ah for the TM and one 100ah for crankin. I've never lost power and have fished multiple days on a charge.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

17. Member
    100ah equals less discharge/charge cycles and more life. You could also fish multiple days if you’re not able to charge.

18. Member
    I would love to get weight out of the back of my 19ft Champion. I'm a pretty casual fisherman, fish for fun, with family or friends, if we ever got into tournaments it would be the more laid back variety, fundraisers, the like.

So I wonder of 2 50AH batteries would suffice for me? Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

19. Member
    2 50ah batteries for your trolling motor are plenty big enough
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

20. Member
    Going to have to find out if I'm still ok with my MK 345PC charger, that is new....not wanting to have to change it out at this point.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast