Engine Hours on Lowrance

Is there a way to get engine Hours and water pressure on a Nmea networked Lowrance Carbon? I get trim, mph, rpm and a few others.

2. Member
    They make a NMEA Pressure sensor, engine hours probably needs smartcraft or the Johnson equivalent but that's just a guess.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Motor and model number please.

4. Member
    Motor is a 2019 g2 200 HO.

It's likely similar to the G1. Engine interface cable needed and a WP sensor. It works great on my ancient G29T
    Last edited by tdt91; 06-10-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    If it's like the G1, the water pressure sensor is very easy to hook up. Instructions are easy to understand. Engine interface cable is easy to hook up also. The biggest PITA is routing the cable, and even that is too hard. Once you're all wired up just take it to your local Evinrude mechanic and have him change your water pressure output to the newly installed sensor and it will show on your HDS Carbon unit. Engine hours will also show.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Water pressure you will need the pressure sensor as previously stated but your engine hours will show up with the interface cable. you will have to edit your engine data panel on your Lowrance unit and add engine ours to the panel of your choice. Or you can add it as an overlay on any page if youd rather that.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I added the water pressure sensor love having it digital and more accurate over analog guage, as sated engine hours will show not and issue.

9. Member
    Does this interface cable run upto the console? Or just a cable that is in the engine? Same for the water pressure sensor. Just want to make sure I understand how it interfaces with NMEA?

Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    Does this interface cable run upto the console? Or just a cable that is in the engine? Same for the water pressure sensor. Just want to make sure I understand how it interfaces with NMEA?
    I was able to run the interface and water pressure sensor cables from the motor through the sleeve to the bildge then ran a nmea cable from the console backbone to the bildge and added 2 more T connectors. The water pressure sensor can be connected to the water pressure gauge behind the dash but I opted to connect it to a short lead under the motor cowling so the line doesn't freeze in the fall up here.