center console vs seat

currently I have the seat but want the center console for just little storage area. Dealer says the console is small and I will prob not like it. Anybody care to chime in that has one or has had both pros and cons? for a 1980.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

2. Member
    I have both for my 2080. I find the step box enough for storage of the small stuff so I put the middle seat in. . I fish with 3 people in the boat a lot and find the seat more useful. The center console is nice if you don’t fish 3 people

3. Member
    I have the center coin box. The coin box is small but I use it for my wallet, keys, etc. When not in use I put my Talon remote, Ultrex remote, etc in it. I don't fish more than two people and personally I love the coin box.

4. Member
    Depends if you'll be using that 3rd sea, as a seat often. Otherwise I imagine it's more stable to walk on as a coin box. If you get that rare 3rd rider, just set your throw cushion on it.

That's my reasoning for changing my order for the coin box.

5. Member
    Never used the seat so prob get coin box cause of step and keys and what not. How hard are they to change out?
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

6. Member
    It’s a challenge to change them. Seat attached from bottom coin box attaches from top.

7. Member
    I got the seat on the 1980 and haven’t missed the coin box. I use the seat often to slide over to get a better view of the Solix DI screen when my fishing buddy locates an active school of bass on one of his waypoints. I want to be able to have 3 or 4 people sit when we cruise the few times we aren’t fishing, and just want to take friends or family to the lake. With that said the step is fairly comfortable to ride on also. I use this little unlatched box that serves as a step to the front deck for smalls. Holds a lot of stuff like pair of crocs, suntan lotion and spray, wallet, keys, extra line, towels, HB Solix cover, extra boat keys, SeaStar clips, the current bag of drop shot worms we are using when we crank up to go to keep from blowing out. Don’t miss the coin box and much prefer the seat. Just one man’s opinion.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

8. Member
    Fold down seat and step works great cup holders are kind useless as nothing fits well looks very simple to change out center step up storage for front deck works great for keys and hat and stuff but it does leak if it's raining hard just my 2 cents