Oznium...no backing nut install

So I searched but need more info... When not using the backing nut on the Oznium bolts lights I see where people are saying silicone or marine silicone to hold them in, along with a tight 11mm hole.

My questions are: 1) Is the 11mm hole tight enough you can "screw" the bolt in and have it hold... 2) Is the silicone just a sealing 100% silicone or a silicone adhesive sealer?

Here are my details so any addition tips are always welcome, especially if you have the same boat.
    - 2005 tr-196
    - Switch one (6 up front, 2 on the floor)
    - Switch two (4 on the back deck)
    - Dimmer switch
    - All about 1" up from deck and 2" up from the floor
    - red lights

2. Member
    It may be tight enough but I would think it could work it's way out later. I used super glue on one of mine that I couldn't get the nut on

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    use a metric drill bit, it will be very tight in the hole, also if you can reach the back side dab some silicone on the threads, sometimes even when you cant get a nut on you may be able to get one finger there and put silicone up against the hull and threads
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com