Ultrex mounting to 18-19ft Bass Tracker questions

Thinking of installing a Minn Kota Ultrex to my bass tracker. Right now I have a terrova.... how much heavier is the Ultrex and will it fit well?
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

2. Member
    I put a 52 “ altrex on my 2000 185. It works. A bit longer than I need but it’s a back up to my 202 champion if I need it.
    BILLY. 1995 202DCX ELITE TEAM FATBOY
    & 2000 tracker PT185
    2015 Fish count
    Days on the Water =5.
    Big fish 1-5.5
    Big fish 2-5.00000
    Big fish 3-4.0
    Big fish 4-3.0smallmouth
    Big fish 5-@2.50

3. Member
    I just put the 52" Ultrex on my Pro team 195 and it fits very well. I was worried it would be larger than my Maxxum, but I don't seem to notice much difference.

Thanks Guys
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Ordering mine on tomorrow. Will the bolt pattern line up with the Edge that came with it? Can I access the bolts by taking out the foot pedal tray, or do I need to remove the piece that the plug and trim switch is attached to? Sorry for the hijack but I thought this was a fitting place to ask.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    Ordering mine on tomorrow. Will the bolt pattern line up with the Edge that came with it? Can I access the bolts by taking out the foot pedal tray, or do I need to remove the piece that the plug and trim switch is attached to? Sorry for the hijack but I thought this was a fitting place to ask.
    I have a 195. I had to take out the foot pedal tray to reach the bolts.
    The 195 had a 52" Maxxum. I replaced with an Ultrex. The front two bolts were screws, not bolts. I had to get shorter screws to keep from going through to the outside. Not sure if bolt pattern will be the same as Edge. You may also have to change the angle to keep the motor "inside" the boat to keep from hitting a dock or a tree with the head while stowed.
    Take your time, look it over carefully.
    2019 Tracker 195 TE Duel console
    Pro XS 150 four stroke, Trophy Plus 24 P
    Ultrex 52" 24V Mega DI TM
    Helix 10" Mega DI on DEK-IT mount up front
    Solix 10" Mega DI SI on Balz-Out mount at console.
    Linked
    Pro S II Power Pole 8' with power shut off switch.
    Lighted live wells & all front compartments.
    Float auto bilge, trailer brakes.

7. Member
    Solid advice. I appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Commando View Post
    I have a 195. I had to take out the foot pedal tray to reach the bolts.
    The 195 had a 52" Maxxum. I replaced with an Ultrex. The front two bolts were screws, not bolts. I had to get shorter screws to keep from going through to the outside. Not sure if bolt pattern will be the same as Edge. You may also have to change the angle to keep the motor "inside" the boat to keep from hitting a dock or a tree with the head while stowed.
    Take your time, look it over carefully.

if im swapping from from Terrova to Ultrex will i need to drill more holes? Will they line up? I have been told if they dont the Minn Kota MKA-7 bracket will make it easy and you wont have to drill more holes. Anyone got input into this?
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

9. Banned
    Mine mounted in the Edge holes.

10. Member
    Glockmeister
    I used the MKA mount for mine, and it works good. I have a 190 pro team and also a Triton stick steer panfish. so I swap my trolling motor between boat's my trolling motor is the terrova w/I-pilot
    Also to save you can pick up the MKA on ebay pretty cheap sometimes,

11. Member
    Mine, like everyones im sure, came with the power cables to the pedal installed with ring connectors at the end. Do I need to take those cables out and install the factory cables/plug that came on the Edge? Looks like the cables on the Ultrex are one gauge size bigger than what is connected to the Tracker plug.

12. Member
    Don't use the stock plug that comes with the Trackers, its not rated for a 24v motor.

I went with this plug:
    https://www.amazon.com/Power-2000-40...JAQ9JMT84PWE61

Your cables coming out of the Ultrex will wire right into the new plug. Just cut off the stupid ring connectors they put on it (no idea why they even put them on).

You'll also need to purchase a new 60amp breaker for the Ultrex.

Mine did not line up with the holes from the Edge it came with. I used two stock holes, and drilled a couple new ones (or maybe used 4 and drilled two, can't remember).
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Don't use the stock plug that comes with the Trackers, its not rated for a 24v motor.

I went with this plug:
    https://www.amazon.com/Power-2000-40...JAQ9JMT84PWE61

Your cables coming out of the Ultrex will wire right into the new plug. Just cut off the stupid ring connectors they put on it (no idea why they even put them on).

You'll also need to purchase a new 60amp breaker for the Ultrex.

Mine did not line up with the holes from the Edge it came with. I used two stock holes, and drilled a couple new ones (or maybe used 4 and drilled two, can't remember).
    I cant use the 60amp breaker that is already installed?

I also had to drill some holes. The bolt pattern lined up with what the edge was, but this thing is so much bigger that I had to move it.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    I cant use the 60amp breaker that is already installed?

I also had to drill some holes. The bolt pattern lined up with what the edge was, but this thing is so much bigger that I had to move it.
    Mine came with a 50amp breaker.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

15. Member
    The newer one's have 6 gauge from the factory that can handle 24 volts, I can't remember what year they made the change.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankbaiter69 View Post
    I just put the 52" Ultrex on my Pro team 195 and it fits very well. I was worried it would be larger than my Maxxum, but I don't seem to notice much difference.
    I'm planning on replacing my Maxxum with an Ultrex on my 190 TXW. You say it is larger but you don't notice much difference. Did you use the same mounting holes? Doesn't it stick out further past the gunnel?
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moose364 View Post
    The newer one's have 6 gauge from the factory that can handle 24 volts, I can't remember what year they made the change.
    Mine has 8 gauge, hope it can handle 24V, we'll find out Tuesday.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Mine has 8 gauge, hope it can handle 24V, we'll find out Tuesday.
    It'll be fine.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC