Guadalupe Bass or Spot or Smallmouth or ???

I’m leaning towards Guadalupe, based on how far the coloration extends towards the belly. What are your thoughts?

Weighed 2.21 pounds.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    Smallmouth all the way.

3. Member
    What lake? Most places outside the South Llano River the fish are some level of smallmouth/guad cross or spotted bass/guad crosses below Austin on the Colorado.

That fish looks like one of the notorious mutts with a lot of smallmouth to me.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor5877 View Post
    What lake? Most places outside the South Llano River the fish are some level of smallmouth/guad cross or spotted bass/guad crosses below Austin on the Colorado.

That fish looks like one of the notorious mutts with a lot of smallmouth to me.
    Should have noted location. Caught in Canyon Lake (impoundment of the Guadalupe River). Fish also had a tooth patch on it’s tongue. Do not remember seeing a tongue patch on a smallmouth before. I don’t typically check on smallmouth, so not going to say it doesn’t happen.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

5. Member
    Based on the bars, I'm saying meanmouth. Caught a three pounder on TR last week, looked a lot like that one.
    Last edited by Ben Danbleume; 06-04-2019 at 08:10 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    Smallmouth all the way.
    X2

7. Member
    I’m definitely in the “mutt” camp now then if it came out of canyon. I don’t fish the lake, but fish the tail waters a couple times a year. All you catch in it are mutts of smallmouth/guads to varying degrees. Huge difference in the fish vs the guads I catch out of the South Llano.