Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Yeah I mean I throw it mostly in open water around rock piles for smallmouth but I do use the 893 around brush with a 3/4 I use 12 to 18 pound depending on smallmouth or largemouth fishing and types of cover

2. Member
    I have the FMJ and the rod is incredible. I've actually been using it for flipping trig creatures in shallow grass and its killer. It's like having underwater sonar and it's incredibly well balanced. Destroyers keep multiplying in my rod locker .
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

3. Member
    Think I’ve decided to give the FMJ a try. Waiting to see if and board sponsors have a sale, but not sure if Megabass every go on sale.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRE View Post
    Think I’ve decided to give the FMJ a try. Waiting to see if and board sponsors have a sale, but not sure if Megabass every go on sale.
    Dealers are not allowed to discount MB rods. The only circumstances I have seen where there has been an exception were: 1. If the rod was a dealer demo or 2. If a certain line of rods is being discontinued. For example last year many of the Orichi XX rods went on sale to blow out the remaining inventory before the Gen 2 rods were released.

Since the Destroyer series is not being discontinued in the near future you will likely be paying 100% full retail for one unless you by one second hand and used in which case you would not have warranty coverage should something happen. IMO, saving $50 -100 bucks once on a $400 rod is not enough to offset the chance that if something would happen to the rod I would have to pay 100% out of pocket to get a new one.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Dealers are not allowed to discount MB rods. The only circumstances I have seen where there has been an exception were: 1. If the rod was a dealer demo or 2. If a certain line of rods is being discontinued. For example last year many of the Orichi XX rods went on sale to blow out the remaining inventory before the Gen 2 rods were released.

Since the Destroyer series is not being discontinued in the near future you will likely be paying 100% full retail for one unless you by one second hand and used in which case you would not have warranty coverage should something happen. IMO, saving $50 -100 bucks once on a $400 rod is not enough to offset the chance that if something would happen to the rod I would have to pay 100% out of pocket to get a new one.
    Dealers are not supposed to discount them... But they will. Just saying. I've gotten 20% off in-store on Destroyers.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

6. Member
    Placed my FMJ order with Tackle Trap late Monday evening and it arrived today! Excited to try it out this weekend. Thanks to Tackle Trap for the great service!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12