Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    This is a good thread. Let me ask a question just to clarify the livewell operation. If the switch on top of the livewell is in the “recirc ” position and the aerator switch is in “auto” will you have timed recirculating of the water without pulling in new water?
    Correct
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Tap Tap: the aerator switch is timed and manual, the recirc switch is on/off.

Here is what I do:

Livewell valve stays on recirc and empty till I catch my first fish. Then I turn aerator switch to manual and move valve to auto. This allows fresh water to pump in continuously. When I leave good clean water I will change the valve to recirc, turn off aerator, and turn on recirc pump.

I dont use additives and I dont add ice. Very rarely do I lose a fish like this UNLESS the fish was sick when I caught it and for those there is nothing that can be done unfortunately.

Mr Maxwell is a wealth of knowledge on this subject.

Also make sure your livewell is clean. And make sure your pumps are working properly.
    Tim, that's interesting that you turn the aerator off and just run recirc on manual. I've never done that before. What's your thought process on turning the aerator off? Thanks man
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

3. Member
    I assume the aerator timed and manual is: up for manual down for timed? I ran mine in the down position this weekend and it never turned off. so I turned recirc on and let it run 5 mins or so at a time.
    2016 Allison XB21 XST
    2021 Mercury 250R

When I bought a brand new BasSport Pro in 2007, Allison provided written instructions for the livewells. One of the steps was "catch fish"...that was always the hardest step for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashew Chicken View Post
    When I bought a brand new BasSport Pro in 2007, Allison provided written instructions for the livewells. One of the steps was "catch fish"...that was always the hardest step for me.
    Everyone knows you can't catch fish in one of "those" boats..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashew Chicken View Post
    LOL! That is hilarious!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12