Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up Bullet factory support

a big thumbs up , I just picked up a used 18 xrs with Yami power and had a bunch of questions for Tom at Bullet ,he went above and beyond helping me out between running the Vin and educating me on the Yamaha , sending me pictures and info etc he also sold me a awesome boat cover with large Bullet logos ..... if anyone is thinking about buying a Bullet for the first time Do it ! Tom is right there to help you out he is the man.
    This is my third Bullet been in one since 1998, Bullet for life
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Cool deal !! Great folks !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Tom picked me up at the airport, gave me a tour of the plant, helped me pick the colors and options on the boat, took me to lunch and them back to the airport, I just like the way those folks operate.

Awesome folks and knowledge to boot!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    First class operation, anytime I have a question or need something, they are so glad to help, no matter how big or small!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    a big thumbs up , I just picked up a used 18 xrs with Yami power and had a bunch of questions for Tom at Bullet ,he went above and beyond helping me out between running the Vin and educating me on the Yamaha , sending me pictures and info etc he also sold me a awesome boat cover with large Bullet logos ..... if anyone is thinking about buying a Bullet for the first time Do it ! Tom is right there to help you out he is the man.
    do you have a pic of the cover?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post

Call them when your seats break or when your splash well cracks . See how much they are willing to help then!

8. Member
    Edited...this is causing too much trouble for too many people..
    Last edited by falconpilot; 06-04-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Call them when your seats break or when your splash well cracks . See how much they are willing to help then!
    Was the boat under warranty when the seat broke ?
    As far as the gel cracks in the splash well my 21 Xd got them after a few tears ran the boat 14 years never got worse , it's just a gel coat Crack yes I wish it wasn't there but it's cosmetic not to mention not really noticeable ..... I been around many boats gel cracks and a lot of boat company's do not warranty gel cracks...... I have seen transoms come apart on Champlain a new at the time Javelin and Champion I am talking pulling right out of the rub rail , saw a Charger Crack a nitro Crack both taking water in on Winni ..... and then the Bullet has cosmetic cracks in the splash well .... I will give you that some will , mine don't
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    do you have a pic of the cover?
    Next time I put it on I will , it's a black Moring type cover with large Bullet logos , ratcheting strap goes under the rub rail , I like that it's lighter than the aurora cover.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

11. Member
    Mine is a 99 and has no cracks
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

12. Member
    I beat my 16 21RDC up pretty bad on St Clair late last year, haven't noticed anything, bumped a stump in Canada last week, still nothing, not to say there can be a bad one from time to time, but mine is just fine so far

13. Member
    I have not heard anything about Bullet Boats having crack issues, I sure hope the couple that posted here are the exception and not the rule. I do know a couple of guys that have owned several each, they never mentioned any problems with Bullets. Matt at Bullet did tell me every now and then they get a boat that has cracks but they are not structural, I asked him a bunch of questions about the boats when we were at the Classic Expo.

all manufacture have issues but gel cracks are normal for boat flex.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    all manufacture have issues but gel cracks are normal for boat flex.
    I bet there are cracks in the poly flake boats but are just not nearly as noticeable, I have had a couple of white boats where you could see some very tiny cracks , you really had to look for them.

Deleted.
    Last edited by WVBullet; 06-04-2019 at 09:56 PM.

17. Banned
    My 2018 with about 20 hours doesn't have any stress cracks... Yet... It does have a scratch, but I don't know when or how I got it... Dan

18. Banned
    My 98 20xdc had splashwell cracks.
    My 07 20xrd comp had a LOT of cracks.... but it was also really... really... REALLY.... light.
    My 12 SS does not have a crack in it that I've found. And I look hard.

With all that said, I would be a little peeved to see gel cracks on a new boat but.. they are common in the splashwell on Bullets.

Yes, it would be aggravating on a new boat and yes I have seen stress cracks in the splash wells, not only on Bullets, but almost every brand out there. Both my Stratos’ had stress cracks and they were built like a tank. No problems. I figure sometime down the road I’m gonna look and see some in mine. Unless they are extremely bad or deep, then I’m not going to worry about integrity. I am anal about the looks of my Bullet though, so I may have them fixed until the next time.

Skeeter went to the no splashwell design because of cracks. Fixed that problem. Now like every other cookie cutter they get blisters underneath. Not sure which is worse. That sharp corner on a bullet splashwell is just a bad design for stress cracks

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast