Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Has anyone heard of any 4S going to dealers????

Just as many of you I am becoming impatient waiting to re-power my blown ProXS. Has anyone heard of any dealers receiving crate motors?
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    every new boat in the entire world will have a new pro xs 250 before any of us get ours.

3. Member
    mercury just expanded plant 25k sq ft. to meet demand..saw on FB
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascall View Post
    every new boat in the entire world will have a new pro xs 250 before any of us get ours.

That's how it looks. If any of us want one we'll have to go spend 60k-70k on a new boat to get one. I spoke with my dealer that I have one ordered with a few weeks ago and asked him what the deal was with these new motors and if the pro xs 2 stroke was this hard to get when they first came out and he told me no it was not. Mercury told him that they could build 160 pro xs 2 strokes on a good day and with the new pro xs 4 stroke on a good day they can put out 80 due to more steps in building and coupled with them saying that the parts to build them are getting hard to come by it may be even longer for us that have ordered just motors

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I've received and installed several as repowers. And yes, that means we did have to wait until the engines made it though production.

Lots of conjecture on this topic- lots of "he said she said they said" and often he/she/they really don't have that much understanding of the process, the market/demands, or the unpredictable factors that resulted in astronomically higher than anticipated demand.

The boat manufacturers are waiting for engines too. They just happen to order high volumes well in advance.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Have you gotten them in the last few months? I am just hoping to hear that someone is getting some, because I have not heard of any. The two dealers I am dealing with will not allow me to officially order one because of the supply issue. I don't know what to do....my boat has been in my garage for 4 months with no motor on the back of it. Before long my entire season will be gone.
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markobrien1987 View Post
    Have you gotten them in the last few months? I am just hoping to hear that someone is getting some, because I have not heard of any. The two dealers I am dealing with will not allow me to officially order one because of the supply issue. I don't know what to do....my boat has been in my garage for 4 months with no motor on the back of it. Before long my entire season will be gone.
    Been there, done that with no motors. I waited from June 2nd to Dec 1 for my 300's.

8. Member
    I found one in a crate at a dealer they are holding for me when the new boat i have ordered comes in to install on it. I was lucky to find it as there are rare.

9. Member
    I was just speaking with the owner of the dealership here in Minnesota that I purchased a loose motor from last year. One of the largest Ranger dealers in the country.

He told me that if I ordered one today, it would be around 1 year to receive a loose motor for a repower.

As it was I ordered my 175 Pro XS on April 7, 2018 and received it and picked up the boat on December 7, 2018 ..... A day that will live in infamy. LOL

10. Member
    We just got in 2 200 ProXS engines. Have a few of the 250's on order and am hoping this is a good sign.
    Born to fish, forced to work.

11. Member
    I spoke with my dealer yesterday and mercury will not even give him an estimated date. I just dropped the #5 cylinder in my 250 pro xs 2 stroke back in March and have decided to have the engine torn apart and if they can have the cylinder honed out and have a new piston,rings and probably bearings put in it and be back on the water for less than 3k. I figure if I can go this route and get 3-5 years out of it maybe by then mercury can get their crap together.

12. Member
    I've been on a waiting list since Oct 18. Boat has been in the garage with no motor since then. I called last week and the dealer told me that 3 other dealers had called them to see if they had any or had heard any news. It's not looking good. I pretty much lost an entire season to this point. If this new V8 4 stroke pans out I will be happy all things considered. If not, it will be my last Merc. Merc makes a good motor but their PR is not all that great at the moment. You would think they would give some consideration to this preventable bottle neck but I'm not holding my breath.
    GETFISHED !!!

Perhaps there would be a lot less conjecture if Mercury actually communicated something/anything regarding the situation. No info = lots of speculation and conjecture.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

14. Member
    The situation may be getting better as I was told by Keith at Vexus that Yamaha would start shipping SHO's soon and was told the same thing at the Ranger factory.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Perhaps there would be a lot less conjecture if Mercury actually communicated something/anything regarding the situation. No info = lots of speculation and conjecture.
    That would be nice.. I have a NEW boat waiting on an R motor. At least they finally quit BS my dealer about when they would get any more motors.. Now they just say I don't know.. They did say there would be a price increase and they would not honor the price when ordered.

16. Member
    Man I hope the "new" price is not much different than what I was told when I ordered mine. If it is significantly higher then I might have went a different route back in Oct. 2018. Been waiting a long time.
    GETFISHED !!!

4% is what I was told..

18. Member
    At this point, if SHO's become available then I will probably go that route. Especially if price goes up on the ProXS to be comparable to the SHO. My dealer will not even let me order a new ProXS four stroke. I would have rebuilt my 2011, but when it blew it threw a connecting rod through the side of the power head.
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520

19. Member
    I have to speculate a little, I think you will see a bit of light in the tunnel in the US, Last Year Mercury Europe made an estimate on engines needed for summer 2019 these engines were built first quarter and then shipped in bulk in April. Now we don't get more engines until next year. I was lucky and got two from this years batch I wanted 2x 250 Verados but that lot was filled so I had to go with 300 hk.

20. Member
    250 SHO’s are available.. I decided to quit waiting today! Sho is being installed this week. I know of 3 250 sho’s available in Louisiana.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast