Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    Got mine installed today. So far so good. It has been a terrible long wait but I think it's going to pay off. I already have a few questions I'll start another thread on. FWIW my rig is now just a smidgen longer. I had to move it all the way to the very front of the garage just clear of the door to allow the same clearance I had with the 2 stroke. I think it had to go forward about 8-10 inches.
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Got mine installed today. So far so good. It has been a terrible long wait but I think it's going to pay off. I already have a few questions I'll start another thread on. FWIW my rig is now just a smidgen longer. I had to move it all the way to the very front of the garage just clear of the door to allow the same clearance I had with the 2 stroke. I think it had to go forward about 8-10 inches.
    mine is NO longer than before the repower...
    i think you will find it came from changing the Motor Toter set up...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

4. Member
    I didn't change the motor toter. I didn't have any exact measurements . I was for the most part referring to having to move it forward to have the needed room to walk behind it. But I never actually measured that distance to the wall before and after. I moved it approximately 8" . In the garage the motor is not on the toter. It is pretty much vertical or trimmed down.
    GETFISHED !!!

Don't know for a fact ---- but I was TOLD the V8 R motors do set back farther ..

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I didn't change the motor toter. I didn't have any exact measurements . I was for the most part referring to having to move it forward to have the needed room to walk behind it. But I never actually measured that distance to the wall before and after. I moved it approximately 8" . In the garage the motor is not on the toter. It is pretty much vertical or trimmed down.
    oh I see what you are saying, yes the mid section and top cowl is larger and does seem to take up more garage space when trimmed down... but I keep mine on the toter in the garage and didn’t have to change anything for my wheel stops and I like it backed as close to rear wall as possible
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Member
    I have a basement entrance door which goes into the downstairs apartment my SIL lives in. She needs room to walk through from her car to that door. Otherwise mine would be back a bit further.
    GETFISHED !!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567