Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Anyone heard of dealers starting to get shipments yet? My dealer is still not getting any info whatsoever.
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    Randy Corson with Liberator boats in Florida had several R motors in stock.

Talked to mine again this week..
    She said her Merc rep is at least giving some hope to start seing a few in late Aug. or Sept

4. Member
    We can all thank JM and White River group..when they place an order for 4500 engines, go figure who is going to get them. They are killing the little guys. It'd be cool if everyone outside of JM formed a co-op, pooled resourses and placed bigger order than JM, giving them a taste of their medicine. There are thousands of Nitro's, and Tracker Party barges setting at Bass Pro/Caleba shops around the country with 250 Pro XS hanging off the backs of them..just setting there while other the smaller manufactor's can't get one...it's crazy..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

5. Banned
    If that's true, JM is more of a genius than we've given him credit for. First, all his boats are on the lot ready to go... Second, he's eliminating the competition without putting his fingerprints on it... Brilliant!!!... Dan

6. Member
    Mercury has had my money for 14 months. I gave up and bought a Yamaha SHO. The lack of information is ridiculous. Funny--they still advertise about their great motors--you have to buy a new boat to get one. I'm done with Mercury. I kept it on order and will sell when I get it!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

7. Member
    It'd be interesting to know the number of boats sitting at home with no power waiting on the a Mercury 4s. I'm one of them

Quote Originally Posted by lunker56 View Post
    Mercury has had my money for 14 months. I gave up and bought a Yamaha SHO. The lack of information is ridiculous. Funny--they still advertise about their great motors--you have to buy a new boat to get one. I'm done with Mercury. I kept it on order and will sell when I get it!
    Not just any new boat......……
    I put my old motor on ---still waiting.

9. Member
    Geeeeez, sure hope I do not have to wait on an engine, my boat should be ready in about 2-3 weeks.

10. Member
    Well my boat has been sitting waiting on a motor since Oct. 2018. Sucks
    GETFISHED !!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    We can all thank JM and White River group..when they place an order for 4500 engines, go figure who is going to get them. They are killing the little guys. It'd be cool if everyone outside of JM formed a co-op, pooled resourses and placed bigger order than JM, giving them a taste of their medicine. There are thousands of Nitro's, and Tracker Party barges setting at Bass Pro/Caleba shops around the country with 250 Pro XS hanging off the backs of them..just setting there while other the smaller manufactor's can't get one...it's crazy..
    I figured JM would get blamed for this,,LOL

I would be looking at SHO. It would be cheaper than Merc in the long run, no need to add oil.... they make there own.

12. Member
    Me too!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Price increase July 1
    Just out of curiousity, what was the price increase? Was this on 2019 or on 2020 outboards only?
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what was the price increase? Was this on 2019 or on 2020 outboards only?
    Mercury doesn't use "years". New pricing went into effect July 1, 2019 (across the board).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

15. Member
    What if the motor was paid for in full in Oct 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by Cascall View Post
    What if the motor was paid for in full in Oct 2018?
    Depends on the dealer... Some dealers eat the increase to satisfy customers, some pass the increase on so they can still make money

Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    4 % is what I was told and they would not honor the old price no mater when it was ordered.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    4 % is what I was told and they would not honor the old price no mater when it was ordered.
    Thanks! I was looking for a percentage. Appreciate it
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

19. Member
    I was told that in September we could see a big difference. Anyone else heard this?
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke

Not sure about a big difference.
    Have heard availability should start "improving" by Sept. At least there back to giving something other than----I don't know !!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast