Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I figure if the SHO's are becoming available; that will help the shortage situation in more ways than one.
    Merc figures out there not the only (sho) in town.. it might build a fire under some ones easy chair.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    While I share in the frustration- I'm not sure anyone on, near or involved in the Assembly Lines in Fond du Lac would find that "easy chair" comment amusing or fitting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    While I share in the frustration- I'm not sure anyone on, near or involved in the Assembly Lines in Fond du Lac would find that "easy chair" comment amusing or fitting.
    Only makes sense to me if there not putting out any motors.
    Somebody's not getting something done..
    And I doubt its anyone at Fond du Lac that works on the assembly line.. My guess is they would like to see that fire built just like me.

With all due respect to Mercury employes I've been told that the holdup is from outsourced parts. Which is one reason Merc is looking at expanding.. Then they wont have to depend on someone else.
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 06-21-2019 at 06:59 AM.

All i know is my dealers Merc Rep told us one thing about 300R availability, now we are seeing another. I sold my motor because I was told a 300R could be shipped rather quickly. So now my boats totally down and they don't have a clue when my motor will arrive.
    Not a happy camper at this point, but still Bleed Mercury Black because I believe in the product! Guess im gonna play the waiting game a while longer.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Good luck all you guys waiting on 250 4s. I have one that,s been order since May Last year mercury sent a ship date to may dealer of July 10 2018 last year. Bought new boat in September last year, sold new motor with anticipation of receiving new motor. Had to buy a used motor so i could used my boat. ($11,000) Maybe the ship date was 2019 or 2020. Like everyone else Mercury will not tell dealer anything about shipment. Still Waiting

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron75 View Post
    Good luck all you guys waiting on 250 4s. I have one that,s been order since May Last year mercury sent a ship date to may dealer of July 10 2018 last year. Bought new boat in September last year, sold new motor with anticipation of receiving new motor. Had to buy a used motor so i could used my boat. ($11,000) Maybe the ship date was 2019 or 2020. Like everyone else Mercury will not tell dealer anything about shipment. Still Waiting
    This is why I've given up on waiting for a new 250 pro xs 4 stroke. I could never get any sort of answer as to when I could expect a motor. So for that I have decided that since I only dropped a cylinder in my pro xs 2 stroke I am getting the powerhead pulled and sent to a machine shop to have the cylinder repaired with all new parts installed for around 2k. Once the repair has been made if it will hold together for another 3-5 years I'll be happy with it.

Even though I have a very good offer on my old boat and motor. I can't sell it until I get my new boat going. As it stands right now I'm fixing to pull my 3.2 ltr and put it on the new boat and WAIT.. At least I have that option.. I feel for those who are just sitting and looking at there new boat with no power. Some rumors are claiming it may be 20+ months for an R-motor.
    Sad thing; what's this doing to the smaller boat dealers who can't sell a boat because they can't get a motor.

8. Member
    If it matters to anyone. I recieved my 250 pro xs today. My dealer only recieved one. Hope it's a good sign for everyone else. Waited nine months.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Even though I have a very good offer on my old boat and motor. I can't sell it until I get my new boat going. As it stands right now I'm fixing to pull my 3.2 ltr and put it on the new boat and WAIT.. At least I have that option.. I feel for those who are just sitting and looking at there new boat with no power. Some rumors are claiming it may be 20+ months for an R-motor.
    Sad thing; what's this doing to the smaller boat dealers who can't sell a boat because they can't get a motor.
    Boat dealers will do what they have to do to support their families & employees. I have several dealers (friends) locally who picked up Suzuki
    Last edited by 21xTriton05; 06-24-2019 at 07:23 PM.

10. Member
    That is good news! Hope mine is not too far away.
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke

11. Member
    Price increase July 1

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Price increase July 1
    Yea I heard that too. It's disconcerting that somehow they can let it be known that prices have risen but won't supply any info on when these 250 Pro XS motors will start shipping. I talked to Jaco's yesterday and was told that Merc won't provide any info regarding this. Been waiting since Oct. 2018. What a debacle !
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Yea I heard that too. It's disconcerting that somehow they can let it be known that prices have risen but won't supply any info on when these 250 Pro XS motors will start shipping. I talked to Jaco's yesterday and was told that Merc won't provide any info regarding this. Been waiting since Oct. 2018. What a debacle !
    My name is on their list too man. Actually talked to her today and she sounded pretty frustrated with them not providing any kind of info.

Maybe Mercury will get it together soon.

14. Member
    That is where I am buying mine as well. Teresa has shown me the same frustrations. I am sure it is very tough being the middle man. One frustrating this to me is all of the marketing that you see on various websites and tv channels pushing a motor that no one can buy.
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke

15. Member
    I'd be curious to know a demand and profit margin between the 250 PRO XS and the 450R. Must be some interesting factors there since they have decided to introduce this new motor while unfilled demand continues for the 250 PRO XS.
    GETFISHED !!!

16. Member
    My local dealer called Saturday, my V6 200hp is on its way. His mercury rep never called and told him. He told me my motor appeared on some electronic invoicing that Mercury uses, which means it shipped. So one minute I have no idea whether I will be using my boat this summer, and the next minute its been shipped. While he is a certified repower dealer, he does not do a lot of repowers with the bigger motors. It took 10 months.

17. Member
    The heck with this Mercury bull crap! I’m getting my money back and buying a SHO I can get in 2 weeks! We’re all getting the same run around from Mercury guys!

18. Member
    I'm getting very tempted at a G2.

19. Member
    Is it about a 3k difference between the SHO and Merc? I have been waiting a year on the Mercury. Might have to go another route
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I'd be curious to know a demand and profit margin between the 250 PRO XS and the 450R. Must be some interesting factors there since they have decided to introduce this new motor while unfilled demand continues for the 250 PRO XS.
    Keep in mind that you are thinking of essentially TWO model numbers, out of roughly 1000 different V6/V8 models in current production.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast