Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who has added swimbaits to their arsenal?

Not talking little Keitechs, Skinny Dippers etc on jigheads. I mean larger sized 6" and bigger either hard or soft? Who regularlu throws them?

I was leery at first but once I got past the urban myths about having to be fished slow, in ultra clear water, deep water etc I realized just how versatile and great they are. They catch a ton of fish. Its one of the biggest segments in the tackle sales area the past few years and only getting bigger and more popular.

2. Member
    I have added several large glide baits but have not caught alot of bass with them. I have a commit issue in throwing them.

I'm throwing the Dark Sleeper more...these baits just look too damn good not to throw.

I need to get into more of the hollow body swim baits and A-rigs. Watching these guys pick up 2 at a time while fishing is making me want to get a double / triple now.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    I have added several large glide baits but have not caught alot of bass with them. I have a commit issue in throwing them.
    That is same issues I had when learning to jig fish and with frogs. Once I kept it in my hand I started catching more and more and the confidence in them grew so that I could start to identify the best times for me to use them.

I have thrown some 7" stuff, but nothing bigger. The 5" catch so many more fish in my area for me. If I lived in the land of giants like you, maybe the larger stuff would get bit better.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Not talking little Keitechs, Skinny Dippers etc on jigheads. I mean larger sized 6" and bigger either hard or soft? Who regularlu throws them?

I was leery at first but once I got past the urban myths about having to be fished slow, in ultra clear water, deep water etc I realized just how versatile and great they are. They catch a ton of fish. Its one of the biggest segments in the tackle sales area the past few years and only getting bigger and more popular.
    I throw 6" plus every trip

7. Member
    I did get you some s waver 200s in clear water even if you don't hook up the fish will show themselves. I have others as well mostly bullshads and triple trout.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

8. Member
    I have not thrown the huge baits or glide baits but I have added some perch and bluegill swimbaits from Huddleston and Matt Lures. My wife caught her personal best with a bluegill Huddleston. I have found that I do not get a bunch of bites with one but when you do it is a decent fish.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    its a commitment thing for me Mark...…….I'll throw the 6" Bull shad for hours because I know what it produces when its right...……..as for the larger soft baits, they work on smallies in late winter here...…...I've done well on 6-7" ones before
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

10. Member
    I started getting into them this last year. Still haven't caught anything on them, but I'm throwing them more this year and seeing followers finally. Bullshad (6"), Huddlestons, big keitechs (5.8, 6.8), S-wavers, big rats.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

11. Member
    MS Slammers 7" and 9", Tripple Trouts 8" & 10", Bull Shads, Jackall Mickey Sr., Whopper Plopper 190's, Evergreen Amazon (think 160mm size Sammy) Lunker Punkers, Ima glide fluke, and several others. All are tools, sometimes the best, sometimes not but have better odds at kickers.

12. Member
    Just starting to dabble with it some, bought some glide baits and have caught several nice fish out the pond, now to see if I can make it work at the lake!!!

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    First trip I threw a R2S S-Waver 168...

Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    It's one thing I am committed to focus on this year. I picked up a S-Waver, MB Magdraft, and a Hudd. Might have to leave only that rod in the boat and go fishing. I am notorious for throwing new stuff for 5 minutes and then putting it down.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

15. Banned
    Not to get You off thread... I took a Saltwater guy fishing yesterday and He was getting bit right & left using a Z-Man swimbait in "New Penny" First cast even.

And 'Yes' I am going to try the same gig..

16. Member
    i am a swimbait addict. Catching 20 that weight 122+ will do that to you.

Brag, brag, brag!! I don’t blame you one bit Steve. One of the best Bassmaster shows ever. Had to have been a blast.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

18. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SKfishing View Post
    I bet it will.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

I need to give it an honest try. Like others have mentioned, I've thrown the bigger ones a little bit but sat them back down quickly. I think I've had a total of one bite, and it was from a pike I saw rocket in and t-bone it. Getting bit on one is a goal of mine for this season!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SKfishing View Post
    Freaking hilarious

You are the man Steve

Love watching that tourney any chance I can get

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast