1999 200 EFI dry cylinder

OG 824513 1999 200 Merc EFI
    This was a new to me boat I bought 2 months ago (Ranger R97). The previous owner stated the motor was a rebuild and has about 30 hours on it. I did sea trial before I bought it and a Compression test. 115 to 120 lowest to highest all plugs were wet and I didn't think anything of it. So after about another 20 hours on the motor it is starting to run a little rough and bog down a little I figured it was the plugs. They were the same ones it was winterized with and broken in with. I started to change the plugs and noticed Cylinder #3 (I think top right) ? was dry compared to the rest of them. I did a compression test and it was down to 90. I am going to take it to a dealer and see whats going on. My questions are can I remove the oil injection and just mix it would that be a good idea? also can one cylinder be sleeved and would it be worth it. What could have caused this? poor break in or lack of oil somehow? The motor still runs just a bit rough I call it running angry.

2. Member
    sorry I did not realize it qualifies a high performance motor please if someone can move this to its proper location again I apologize