Thread: MLF on Tillery

MLF on Tillery

Anybody keeping up with MLF on the Yadkin Chain that was recorded last year? I haven't watched the full episode yet, but watched the "All Angles" show for Tillery. I drove over Tillery several times last year when the water was down and the lake was a mudhole, noway I'm fishing that mess I told myself. Those boys went out there and crushed'em (people on here did too)...just goes to show ya, haha

2. Banned
    I watched it over the weekend. I knew when they said it was a 20lb cut weight that they wouldn't be fishing long before the top four guys would be out. I love fishing any lake when they pull the water down like that.

I thought the same thing. 20 Lbs is gonna come quick. I almost went to Tillery around that time but the 24/27 ramp was still closed and I went to Gaston
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

4. Banned
    I love to fish High rock but when the lake comes down to about 5 foot or more it is unbelievable at the amount of big fish or can catch there on a crank bait. I was able to spend almost a week on High Rock several years ago when the lake went down 24 foot. Most of the creeks were dry and you could catch them like they were going out of style. I'm sure it was the best fishing I have ever had. So anytime I can get on a lake with a draw down I'm going to go.

Skeet Reese is a ROLE MODEL for sportsmanship. MLF should be proud.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Skeet Reese is a ROLE MODEL for sportsmanship. MLF should be proud.
    LOL I thought the same thing.

That was an amazing few weeks on Tillery when the water was down. I literally got to the point a couple of days where I was tired of catching fish and went home, LOL.
    USMC Vet!

8. Banned
    I really hate they went to Tillery due to the fact it was so awesome when it was down(as every lake is when it's down in the fall) because I can only imagine the pressure it will get now as if our lakes don't get enough pressure as it is. I watched both the high rock episodes and this are the 2 worst mlf shows I've ever seen. But I kinda expected that. It was tough conditions on what is already a tough lake(unless it's down). Tillery was so much fun, I wish I had taken off the whole month it was down. I wish they would pull more of our lakes down in the fall. High rock used to he down every year in the fall.....hasn't been that way in quite a while.

9. Member
    We are Applebee's last yr when they came through, boat official Randy Fowler game me one if Skeets rod/reel combo. Good thing, it's not broke

10. Member
    From the post above, I can't spell either

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketman View Post
    We are Applebee's last yr when they came through, boat official Randy Fowler game me one if Skeets rod/reel combo. Good thing, it's not broke
    LOL, least the reel should have been fine.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    LOL, least the reel should have been fine.
    Rod in good condition, no boat slapping marks on it, the reel is pretty used up.