Keto and fasting

I have been on keto for almost a year. During this time I have mostly avoided carbs and stayed between 20 and 40 grams per day. Most of the time under 30 but some days have taken more in due to eating too many peanuts or too much salad. Also taking in too much protein at times which the body turns into glucose. Have maintained weight between 165 and 170 which feels fairly healthy for me. wife says I look too skinny even though I am only five foot seven and nearly obese on some charts. Also getting ready to do more blood work. going to try to talk my doctor into taking me off statin drugs for high cholesterol. HDL to triglyceride ratio is around 1 so I don't think my cholesterol is an issue even though the total is over 200. But that is a discussion for another thread. (Check out "Cholesterol Clarity"). The book

I am going to start a 7-Day total calorie free fast starting today and will update how I feel daily. Day one is supposed to be difficult and day two sucks. We will see.it will likely be extremely difficult because during this time I will be doing a lot of driving and fishing a tournament.

I will update the first post as I go every 12 hours

Weight Sunday June 2 6AM - 169

June 3, 6AM 12 hours and no problem. Feel great. (Normally 18 hour fast daily. 6-7 PM. Until 12-1 PM)

June 3 6pm still feel awesome. Not hungry. Made a 4 hour round trip driving today. Hands wanted to be busy but not physically hungry.

June 4, 6AM 36 hours and feel great. Not hungry. Only slept about 5 hours but slept fine. Too much the night before. Plenty of energy. Normal crunches and push ups no problem. Run tonight if inflamed kneecap is better.

June 4, 6PM 48 hours and all is well. Slight problem with emotional hunger around 2PM due to driving. All gone and no problem now. Knee still a little swollen. May be able to run a couple miles tomorrow.

June 5th, 6AM 60 hours fasting and feel great. Woke up with plenty of energy knocked out normal crunches and push-ups and don't notice any drop off or energy loss. Sleep was fine. I was a little bit surprised a day two was not harder. I think being in ketosis when I started the fast made a huge difference.

June 5th, 6PM 72 hours and all good. Not hungry, not tired.

June 6th, 6AM 84 hours and everything is great. Push-ups actually seemed a little bit easier this morning. Still can't run due to inflamed patella. Hope I can get that cleared up before the tournament this weekend. Otherwise that's going to suck.

June 6th 6PM 96 hours All good.

June 7th, 6AM. 108 hours and feel great. One issue is less sleep. I normally wake up between 4 and 430. Last couple of days I have woke up earlier. If I can sleep 5-6 that would be great

June 7th, 6PM. Been great all day. Only issue I had was hiccups. I have the hiccups for 2 hours. my cure for hiccups is one spoonful of peanut butter. Obviously can't do that while fasting hiccups suck.

June 8, 5:30 AM Getting ready for blast off. Hiccups are back.

June 8, 6PM. Felt awesome great energy all day. 6AM -3PM. Hiccups a good portion of the day. About to eat peanut butter. Gotta fix this problem. Fast over.

June 9th, 6AM. No more hiccups. Ended fast for now but still on one meal per day. Never felt better. Amazing how I felt after all the chemicals were purged and my body running on the right stuff.
    Last edited by bkeenom; 06-09-2019 at 06:38 AM.

2. Member
    Interested in your results, I look forward to hearing more on your fast.

3. Member
    Updated

4. Member
    Updated

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I recently fasted for 44hrs. It was surprisingly easy. I'm just not sure I see the benefit of it much more than doing omad daily or 20-4 daily.
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    Updated

7. Member
    Update

8. Member
    Updated

9. Member
    Update.

10. Member
    Done. Results awesome except for the hiccups