Best jig for flipping wood in current

I fish the Alabama river most of the time and I have been experimenting with different jigs when flipping heavily wooded current situations. Current is pretty aggressive most of the time so weight of the jig is a big factor as is what type of head the jig has. Just trying to get you guys thoughts on what you use.

2. Member
    I like the Strike King Structure Jig for flipping wood.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

3. Member
    For me I get hung up considerably more with Horizontal line ties (which I do prefer.) I have settled on the SK Hack Attack jig for my flipping needs. Hangs way less than any other pitching/flipping jig I've tried. Weed guard is great for braid or 20lb fluro (which I use.) Big fan of it.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Member
    I do a lot of flipping and pitching and have many different jig heads and nothing compares to the Nutech when it comes to flipping hard cover like wood. I buy them without skirts and tie my own but you can get them either way and they don’t leave my boat, if you haven tried them I would highly recommend getting some, for that purpose their is nothing that comes close in my opinion.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I use the Hack Attack but I’m going to check out the Nutech after reading that!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    I’m a big fan of the hack attack as well, but for specifically wood, the Nutech is unreal. I have all the confidence in the world pitchin it into the middle of all the limbs and it will slide right through every time. They make some with Trokar hooks as well, I’m not sure what their called, pro model or something, but they are seriously the best I’ve ever used when fishing docks and tree tops. I used to get hung alot flipping into the ees , it happens, but the Nutech finds its way out almost every time. I bought a few several years ago just to see if it was a gimmick, I can tell you it definitely is not, I fish alot of tournies and fun fish a lot as well, and definitely not sponsored by anyone, but try one out and you won’t be dissapinted. Fish are hooked in the top of the mouth 90% of the time also. I don’t understand the physics of it, but the two little *****ly weed guards do the trick.

7. Member
    Strike King Hack Attack or the structure jig. Both work great. The structure jig is a little better I think at not getting hung up but both work great for me.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

8. Member
    Fish on the coosa and warrior river and the double brush guard jig that witch doctor makes is on point as well!
    Caught some good fish on it and hardly ever hang it

9. Banned
    Dirty jigs pitchin jig is what you need

10. Banned
    any jig with a 60 degree, flat eye and a broad style head will work best.
    All time favorite is the lunker lure rattle back

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxlue View Post
    Dirty jigs pitchin jig is what you need
    Love this jig as well. Interestingly the Dirty Jigs Matt Herren flipping jig just came out, supposedly from his experience flipping the Coosa River. Just bought about 15 to try out ha.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    I’m a big fan of the hack attack as well, but for specifically wood, the Nutech is unreal. I have all the confidence in the world pitchin it into the middle of all the limbs and it will slide right through every time. They make some with Trokar hooks as well, I’m not sure what their called, pro model or something, but they are seriously the best I’ve ever used when fishing docks and tree tops. I used to get hung alot flipping into the ees , it happens, but the Nutech finds its way out almost every time. I bought a few several years ago just to see if it was a gimmick, I can tell you it definitely is not, I fish alot of tournies and fun fish a lot as well, and definitely not sponsored by anyone, but try one out and you won’t be dissapinted. Fish are hooked in the top of the mouth 90% of the time also. I don’t understand the physics of it, but the two little *****ly weed guards do the trick.
    Been fishing them myself - as you say they come through cover much easier and are much less prone to get hung like a fiber guard jig. Elite series are the ones with a Trokar hook, jig hooks are very important to me and the Trokars are the best. Very sharp and no flex.