Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question live scope for bass on ledges

anyone have sreen shots of bass on ledge with live scope

2. Member
    Not exactly, but got this video. Should give you an idea.

3. Member
    A few similar on my channel as well.

4. Member
    Im working on some images and video I have of Livescope and PS21 showing underwater cliffs, spires, ledges, ridges, small to giant boulders, bridges, docs, etc. My bros and I spent 4 days fishing in tow different lakes with some very wild bottom contours. We didnt catch many fish, but I got some interesting shots, and hours of video to edit.

Some of it will have a lot to do with how well you can see fish close to structure like ledges, slopes, ridges, etc. I need more time to process the files and make it presentable, and cut out the 95% that is boring and a useless waste of time :)

It comes down to the angle, and direction of the slope or structure and which direction your pointing the transducer at the time.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Member
    That's the fish showing up around the 17 sec mark? Still trying to get my head around the Livescope...

Starting to see some on ledges, though I have seen a lot just disappear on the bottom. If I keep an eye on my bait, I am seeing a lot of them move up toward bait. If they are tight to bottom, I think they are going to be tough to locate with just livescope.

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Livescope sucks for fishing,in fact I think everyone should get side scan instead of scope jmo!

8. Member
    Respectively disagree. I still use SideVu. Why not? I already have it. Prefer LiveScope and PS22 for fishing many, many times over SideVu.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    Starting to see some on ledges, though I have seen a lot just disappear on the bottom. If I keep an eye on my bait, I am seeing a lot of them move up toward bait. If they are tight to bottom, I think they are going to be tough to locate with just livescope.
    Im off to go fishing tomorrow, but I have some good screen shots and video showing why targets get lost close to the bottom. I just dont have time now to work on making it presentable.

Short version - How close you can see to the bottom depends entirely on the slope of the bottom contours and which way you are pointing the xducer relative to that slope.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

From what I have seen, easier to see looking deep to shallow, and not straight into the slope. Flat or looking off, they disappear quickly.

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Turn your focus down to 20 or so it flattens the slope

Got out this weekend, and remembered to record some. Bass were eating like crazy. Landed 60 + and lost quite a few.

13. Member
    Pretty wild to see it in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Tschallock View Post
    Not exactly, but got this video. Should give you an idea.
    That's the video I've been waiting for, over here in the Northwest a lot of us are chasing deepwater smallmouth. Between this and Russell Marine's Livescope / Livesight comparison video it made the decision easy to buy an Ultra10 Livescope combo. Thanks for posting it, I subscribed to your channel.

15. Member
    Thanks, I'm working on more. The things you see when you are not ready to record is really sad.

16. Member
    its just good to see more people using it fishing for bass instead of just crappie.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l View Post
    its just good to see more people using it fishing for bass instead of just crappie.
    It takes bass fisherman awhile to convince themselves a product is worth spending their money on. Most of them are to busy chasing the last MPH to spend money on products that actually help catching fish. Ever noticed how many $80 k bass boats there are with 7 inch screens? Then there are the crappie guys with the three twelves on a 17 ft boat.

When the fish start showing up, It is hard for me to pick up my phone and start recording. I want a bait on them and recording is the last thing on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    When the fish start showing up, It is hard for me to pick up my phone and start recording. I want a bait on them and recording is the last thing on my mind.
    Great video you posted! I'm just like you. When I find the fish with Scope, I immediately get tunnel vision. Only when the day is over I then think I should have made some recordings.
    Garmin Pro Team

20. Member
    Nice video crazyju. I'm the same way. I never think about it when it happens. I get mesmerized by watching what is going on at the time.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast