Texoma striper fishing

My family is going to a wedding next weekend down on Texoma and thought I might see if I can find some stripers on top. All reports say it's high and muddy. I won't take the boat if it is. Anybody have some information for lake and fishing conditions around the Soldier Creek area? Thanks
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

2. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorntonk View Post
    My family is going to a wedding next weekend down on Texoma and thought I might see if I can find some stripers on top. All reports say it's high and muddy. I won't take the boat if it is. Anybody have some information for lake and fishing conditions around the Soldier Creek area? Thanks
    been seeing some great reports lately. Have no clue how they are catching them, but may through July is usually excellent topwater fishing for big stripers. I say go and have fun. The lake is up and dirty but the fish don’t seem to care from what I’m seeing.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply, I just might have to get out my pencil poppers and chug bugs and try them. I don't have a bait tank or a cast net to catch shad so I'm limited to topwater or maybe they might eat a slab. Thanks again.
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

4. Member
    Water looked great south of railroad bridge to the dam a week or so. They are pulling 40k.

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Love that lake. Wish I could make it down more often. I’m sure you can get in some sort of slab/prune picker bite

6. Member
    My father in law striper fished last week one day and they caught nothing but big ones. Apparently they are biting good right now!

7. Member
    Boat still hooked up from fishing Tenkiller yesterday. Can' wait to get into some big stripers. They are a blast if you can get into a school of them on top. Work today is going to drag!! Thanks for the updates. By the way what the heck is a prune picker?
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

8. Member
    Prune picker is a type of slab.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorntonk View Post
    Boat still hooked up from fishing Tenkiller yesterday. Can' wait to get into some big stripers. They are a blast if you can get into a school of them on top. Work today is going to drag!! Thanks for the updates. By the way what the heck is a prune picker?
    Can you please tell me what ramps you have used thanks.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

10. Member
    I used the road at Sizemore yesterday. Only place I know of on the east side is standing rock.
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor482 View Post
    Prune picker is a type of slab.
    What is a slab?????

Where exactly in Bama/Sissippi/Louisiana are you guys from?? Lol