Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Today is my boats 1 year anniversary!

I bought my 2006 Triton SP 185 one year ago today! She has treated me great so far. Can’t believe a year has gone by!

She had 122 hours on her when I bought her from an older gentleman and was in perfect shape! I put some nice rims, new stickers all around, new winch, bow roller, Garmin 73cv, Noco 2 bank, leaning seat and that’s about it.

She hasn’t given one second of trouble and has been great for getting me back in the Bass waters. She’s boated me 4 10+, Many over 8, and uncountable over 5lb bass in the last year.

The boat looks better now than when I got it, funny what a few updated stickers can do!

I will get a flashy glass rig someday but she’s doing me great so far!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    Nice boat.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

3. Member
    Nice!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I bought my 2006 Triton SP 185 one year ago today! She has treated me great so far. Can’t believe a year has gone by!

She had 122 hours on her when I bought her from an older gentleman and was in perfect shape! I put some nice rims, new stickers all around, new winch, bow roller, Garmin 73cv, Noco 2 bank, leaning seat and that’s about it.

She hasn’t given one second of trouble and has been great for getting me back in the Bass waters. She’s boated me 4 10+, Many over 8, and uncountable over 5lb bass in the last year.

The boat looks better now than when I got it, funny what a few updated stickers can do!

I will get a flashy glass rig someday but she’s doing me great so far!
    What more could you ask for?

5. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Nice boat!

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

6. Member
    Cass, I've seen in many posts where you mention how much you like your boat. Seems like you found a good one and it certainly sounds like the bass are attracted to it as well !!

7. Banned
    Fish on Cass
    fish on

8. Member
    Sounds like you've had an outstanding year in the new boat. Well done, hope the next year is at least as productive.

9. Member
    Sounds like the perfect boat for your needs No need for a new flashy boat!

Earl built a good boat when he started building these. Nice boat for the Florida area. I am down there and fish there in the winter a lot on different lakes and I would not fish there without an aluminum boat. If I had a glass boat, I would have a second boat that would be aluminum. That Triton is perfect.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thanks, yes, this boat is perfect for the Central Florida area. I can fish Kissimmee or Toho, or I can fish small community lakes that a big glass boat would be just plain cumbersome.

I had never owned a tin before, other than Jon boats. All my bass boats were glitter bombs, but this time around I wanted to be able to fish the smaller lakes around my house and I didn’t want to invest 50k to get back into bass fishing.

The day after I bought her I went back to the original owner’s lake. He said there were no fish but it looked way too good for that to be true! I caught an 8 pounder right by his dock while he watched. He was amazed and we took pics together. The seller was an awesome guy, who probably fishes his own lake again!

This was the fourth or fifth fish I caught out of my new boat, I knew she was gonna treat me good.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Nice boat!!!!! I have a 176 Magnum I bought new in 2002 and I still love it.

Nice rig!