2001 225 EFI Won't Pee

My 2001 225 EFI won't pee water out of the tell tale when on the muffs or at the lake. I replaced the water pump and checked to make sure the tell tale hose wasn't plugged which is wasn't. The motor isn't over heating nor am I getting any alarms. I am just wondering why it isn't peeing. Does the motor have to heat up and do the thermostats have to open before it should pee? I have a Mercury shop manual but it doesn't cover much about the cooling system. I thought I would see what any of you may think before I pull the thermostats or probe any deeper.
    Thanks for any suggestions!
    - Carolinarig1

2. Member
    Take a look and make sure a dirt dobber has not made a nest in the pee hole, a weed eater line makes a good unstopper. Just a thought.
    Mine pee's at start up.

3. Member
    Thanks John. The pee hole is clear.

4. Member
    I had to take mine off at the motor and blow it with an air compressor. The dobber was in the line.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    I had to take mine off at the motor and blow it with an air compressor. The dobber was in the line.
    Thanks Topwater 2. Yes I pulled the hose off and it was clear. I picked up in the fitting and it appears to be clear as well. I still can’t figure out why it isn’t peeing. Thanks

6. Member
    check poppet spring for carbon= blown base gaskets theres 2
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    I found the problem! One of the thermostats disc broke off and lodged into the water port totally blocking it off. I replaced both thermostats and it pees strong now. Thanks for all your suggestions! I have pictures but their too large to attach to this reply. Let me know if anyone want to see them.