Need help on hub kit

I have a 2008 etec that has always had a 26 raker on it. I just oicked up a Bravo lt. The hub kit sent has a different washer than what fits my lower unit. Please look at the pic. Can i use my washer with this hub?

20190602_113531.jpg

2. Member

3. Member
    Here is my other issue i am not sure this is the right hub kit? 20190602_115052.jpg

Ir do i need to tap the hub in to make ot fit?

4. Member
    20190602_125952.jpg is this right

5. Member
    It's the right number kit and use the thrust washer that came with it.

6. Member
    Ok guys i seem to have a problem here when i put it on the washer does not go deep enough. So i tried with the big spacer on top see the pics. It has splines in it. I then torqued to 55 and thought is that right. So tried to oull the prop off and it is stuck on. Can you tell me if i am or am not supposed to used this thicker washer?

20190602_125952.jpg

7. Member
    Did you put the right thrust washer on or is it stuck on the original thrust washer? That thick washer is supposed to have splines in it so it looks right. You did line up the splines before you tightened it up right.

8. Member
    Yes the thrust washer is on and the bevel is in the right direction. I think put the sleeve in had to tap it a little to get it flush. Lined the splines up put that gold spare on and torqued it to 55 had to go a pinch more just to get the cotter pin to line up I did take it for a ride tonight and it operated fine though I did not go very fast with it had my kid with me and a lot of boats. I then came home and tried to pull the prop off again. I still can not remove it. Not sure why.

9. Member
    Did you put any anti seize or any kind of lube on the shaft? You should be able to take a wooden block and and hammer and tap it a little to break it loose. Don't beat the hell out of it.

10. Member
    Yes I did grease it. I have tried with a rubber mallet and a block of wood. I have also tried a puller and it would not budge. I am guessing it crossed a spline or something not sure. it runs fine I just can not pull it off.

11. Member
    Do you mean the washer or the prop sleeve? You need a no-bounce hammer not a rubber mallet.

12. Member
    I used a block of wood and a regular claw hammer. I also rigged up a chain around it with a puller and it still will not budge. Not sure what your asking on the prop sleeve vs washer?

13. Member
    I ran my new prop for a full week on vacation - it runs fine ( slower but that was expected as it is a lower pitch and a 4 blade) however I still can not remove it. Any Ideas?