Thread: 1990 DV200WT

1990 DV200WT

2. Member
    I bought my 89 DV200 single console for 3000$ a few years ago. I still think i got a good deal. I love the layout and hull design and believe they were ahead of their time. If the hulls solid, engine runs good, no major issues, i would buy and run the piss out of it. Better looking boats then most!!

3. Member
    I have the same boat, it's an '89 though dual console and I also agree GREAT hull design. However mine only has a 150hp on it. Make sure to get a compression test done on the motor, check the transom to see that it's still in good shape and if she checks out...pull the trigger!

4. Member
    I'm a novice for glass boats, how do you check the transom? I had someone tell me hit with a rubber mallet? Sound difference?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    I'm a novice for glass boats, how do you check the transom? I had someone tell me hit with a rubber mallet? Sound difference?
    open the rear hatch/battery area.Look for sunken mounting washers/bolts.tap all over the outside of the transom with a big screwdriver handle end,listen for different sounds,hollow,solid,it should sound the same everywhere.Take a BIG buddy with you,trim the motor about half way up.have him put the weight to it,Try to tear the motor off the bach of the boat by bouncing it up and down.Watch the transom for flexing,it should be NONE.while looking at the mounting bolts on the inside look for attempts to reinforce the transom,there should be NONE,boards,plates,etc.NONE

6. Member
    Thank you.