Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Whoever says ride of a new triton sucks doesnt know what they are talking about or brand bashing. Someone on here said all bass boats ride like crap. Some ride worse then others. Phoenix are a very good riding boat. I fish several times a week out of a triton 21trx and the only boat ive been in that rides better is a Phoenix 21phx and a 920. Both boats have a lot softer landing. One thing with the Triton 20trx. It is not going to be a fast boat for a 20fter. Looking mainly low 70s some may touch mid 70s light. The 721 or 920 are comparable in price to the trx20 and will be a good bit faster. Unless i was getting a 21trx it would be a no brainer to go with Phoenix imo. I am about to buy a new 721 or 920 just cant decide which i want

2. Member
    I was on St Clair couple weeks ago winds blowing 20-25mph straight out of the east. It was nasty, had three people with me one sitting on the console. Never once had the hull smack. Guy sitting on the console never once complained said he would brace then we would land nice and soft. As for the Triton that was on my short list as well see what way I went 🙂.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

3. Smallmouth Junkie!
    It's not just the Phoenix diamond V hull it's how far back it goes, it goes past where the driver and passenger seats are. The hull slices the waves better than any design out there right now.
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 06-24-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

4. Banned
    Thanks. I will test soon.

5. Member
    I've had a triton before and the ride wasn't that bad, just not as good as the phoenix I now have. Hulls the same length within 2". I took my daughter out one day when my phoenix was new, and we crossed a wake (perpendicular to it) and she commented how it just slice through the wake. And she's used to riding around on large runabouts.

I came out of a Triton 20x3 which is a similar hill to the 20TRX and it was a great riding boat in big water. I mostly fish St Clair and it handled rough water well. I moved into a 21PHX last fall and it also rides great in big water. The Phoenix is a little better mostly because I get better bow lift and the extra foot helps in the big waves. Both boats have a very soft landing when coming off a wave. I haven't rode in a 721.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

7. Member
    Between myself brother and dad we have had three rangers a Triton and now my brother and I have a 721 and 919. Dads in a new 520c i have spent lots of time each boat. I have never been as comfortable in big waves as I am now in the birds. Soft landing, 50 mph in choppy stuff and as good as it gets in the big stuff. Loved the rangers but Man unless something changes I’ll probably be running Phoenix for a long time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12