Lowrance 7 Elite Ti Displaying Wrong water temp

I’ve got a Lowrance 7 Elite Ti at the bow of my boat and I have a Minn Kota Ultrex trolling motor with Universal Sonar transducer so I use that on my 7 Elite Ti. The Elite Ti is displaying 53 degree water temp and my Lowrance 9 Elite Ti2 at my console is displaying 83-84 degree water. Does anyone know how I could fix the elite ti unit to display the correct water temperature?

2. Member
    Try AUTO CONFIGURE.

3. Member
    I think I tried that yesterday and nothing changed but I will try that again.

4. Member
    Since the rear is considerably more, first guess is that you may have a transducer glassed into the bilge and getting a higher bilge temp...rather than in water temp. First guess
    Might want to check that.
    Then 53 degrees this time of year in Arkansas seems really unlikely low. The universal transducers have had issues for years. Years ago I had one and it acted up so I put an HST-WSBL on the TM and never used the built in again.
    First thing I would do....IF you can get a thermometer of some type in the water to check real time temp, check it separately from you units..would be a good place to start GL
    Tommy
    Prostaff
    Lowrance/Navico

5. Member
    Dupe sry

6. Member
    My transducer for the unit at the console is on the transom of the boat so it’s reading in water temp so I feel like it is pretty accurate. But I had a Terrova and a helix unit on my last boat and the Terrova had universal sonar but the reading it got was the same as the unit at the console. I didn’t know if it was a unit problem like some settings or an update or if it was the transducers issue. The trolling motor is brand new so I don’t see how it could be the transducer but I’m far from the expert on units and transducers.

7. Member
    I would switch console up to the front bow unit to check the TM ducer with the console unit. Not much work to see if anything changes or is consistent. I have zero confidence in TM transducers from my own experience as well as many guys telling me of issues they have had over the years.
    So, you need some constant to start from..You suggest the console is right and the temp you say sure sounds correct.....so, I would go with that probably being correct...pop it up front to the TM and see what that unit says there.
    Tommy
    Prostaff
    Lowrance/Navico

8. Member
    I’ll give it a try. My elite ti2 is flush mounted at the console but I’ll give it a try and see what I come up with. I appreciate it.