Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Yeah, if you use a 2x4 or something you can see if there is a hook in the pad. Take it to your local tracker/nitro dealer and request they send it back to factory after they inspect it. It will cost some money but you'll get the performance it is supposed to have.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

2. Member
    Guys,

Last year I had a new TH Marine Z Lock 8" Jack Plate Installed. Performance went way up but the boat is having trouble getting on plane with full tournament load and full livewells. It is plowing with a high bow for too long. Motor is on 3 hole from top on the jack plate. Running a 24P Tempest. I noticed that a lot of these posts are calling for a 23P Tempest. I was going to lower the engine thinking that would help with the hole shot, but it looks like that might not be the best idea. Thoughts?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    Yeah, if you use a 2x4 or something you can see if there is a hook in the pad. Take it to your local tracker/nitro dealer and request they send it back to factory after they inspect it. It will cost some money but you'll get the performance it is supposed to have.
    I don't have a warranty on mine. Did Nitro repair it and if so how much did it cost?

Jackplate way up helps holeshot as it will slip more getting rpms up but as the bow breaks over you have to be pushing the plate down. So with a atlas or bobs jackplate this is possible, but manual plate it is not. So no deeper is not the solution
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matfish View Post
    I don't have a warranty on mine. Did Nitro repair it and if so how much did it cost?
    Mine was out of warranty as well, cost me $800 or so 4 years ago.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

6. Banned
    Depending on elevation too, I have a 19p tempest plus to run my z7 here. Sounds ridiculous but it had a 23 tempest on it when i bought it and I couldnt turn more than 4800 RPM and was a dog to get on plane. Mercury has an elevation chart on their website. Also, if at elevation, ask some fellow anglers in your area what they are running on a similar setup. I am turning 5500-5600 on my 150 opti now and seeing 55 at WOT and havent even changed the setup yet. I will be adding JP, lifting the motor up some and playing with prop plugs this spring to figure out exactly the best performance on this boat. I may even try a 21p down the road depending on how setup helps and if i start rev limiting. Sounds like you are way over propped and exactly what others are saying here. Nothing more disheartening that getting a boat on the water, poppin wheelies and only going as fast as tin boat. Stick with it, fine tune it and it will be a fun ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12